New update???

• Last release date: 2014-12-15 !!! Please wake up !!!

3 years without windows software update.... any news???

- Resizable Gui
    - Enable MIDI I/O with USB connected
    - More modulation source (Oscillators)
    - import Wavetables
    - fix synchro error
    - Make updates more frequently!

• Not that I expect any updates, but I'd very much like to be able to drive my Virus via MIDI from my Cirklon sequencer, whilst using USB to edit. An official stand-alone editor is very much missing.

That would be number 1 on my wish-list.

• ^ this ^ +1

I wonder if there is some hardware limitation or difficult software rewrite preventing this.

I'm having to route my cirklon into the PC to get midi to the Virus if I use the official VC editor which is not as tight as sending midi directly from the Cirklon to the Virus.

• I've started using an MPC Live for sequencing and sampled percussion. This limitation in the Virus system is so annoying. I might have to consider one of the 3rd party editors - or maybe write my own.

...or, maybe the way forward would be to pick up code for hosting VSTis / AUs and customise it a bit? Steinberg had example code for hosting VSTis.

• ...or, maybe the way forward would be to pick up code for hosting VSTis / AUs and customise it a bit?

There are already a couple of plugin hosts available. Google for "VSTHost". Apple even has a commercial one, it's called MainStage ;) However, that will not change the limitation that the Virus must be connected over USB to have the VC working.

But I know what you mean, it's sorta PITA-ish to have to start Cubase if all you want to do is copy a couple of patches to your Virus. Still, I prefer VC to having nothing at all...

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Yeah, but for one thing, I'd want to modify the host so that "Live" mode is enabled by it on start-up.

I've tried using Ableton purely as a host, with Virus plug-in's outputs being sent out the back of the unit. It kind-of works, if "Live" mode is enabled. Timing is very poor though. Although, I'm not sure if that's Ableton's doing.

I've also been trying the MPC software as a host, doing the same thing. That's looking kind-of promising!

• When sound designing, I often use the VC in MainStage, similar to you doing it with Ableton. After starting up, the timing is ok but after a while it becomes unusable if not in "Live" mode. Same thing in Cubase. So I don't think it's a problem with Ableton. The interesting part is the "after a while" thing. It seems that there's some sort of resource leak or buffer overflow happening.

Anyway, I wonder if you manage to enable "Live" mode automatically, because for that it would need to be exposed as VST/AU control element, and as far I've seen it's not -- at least if it was, it's setting should be remembered by existing hosts already.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• I bought the Mystery Islands Virus HC editor. It allows you to edit (and automate) most parameters (only in multi mode). It's a decent editor. The big advantage is that it interfaces with the Virus over midi, so I just use it to edit and as a librarian, while I use my Cirklon or MPC Live or Tempest to sequence it.

However, a word of warning, while I have managed to work out some sort of worfkflow for my needs, it is buggy and I cannot work out some core features, such as sending patches from the virus to the editor and their support is pretty non-existent (though they were very responsive when I was considering buying it!!!) I get the feeling that they are not supporting / developing it any longer. Caveat emptor.

• There is also an ipad app called patch morpher (IIRC) which I used for my Moog Voyager - it's more about creating sounds than a full blown editor, but might be worth looking at as they have a module for the VIrus TI.

• Absolutely right.
    For example i really enjoy the updates and the products of vengeance like vps avenger.
    Access must make this synths updates and make him more lives.
    lll stil wait.

• Roland, Moog (https://www.moogmusic.com/products/Apps), Novation and other companies developed midi plugins/ ipad apps.

Access:

• Wold be great to have additional wave tables to get different sounds
    • Have a cleaner GUI that can scale up or down similar to U-HE Apps
    • Have a separated AMP envelop per oscillator + volume controller for each
    • ARP step sequencer similar to Z3TA+ (iPad app) which can load user midi file and have lots of built in ready to use midi sequences (it's really time saver and helpful when designing new sounds)
    • More options to Waveshaping oscillator similar to Z3TA+
    • Adding mute button for each oscillator