Virus TI2 and SPDIF connection

• Hi ! I officially bought a Roland UA55 Quad-Capture interface.

As Marc said that SPDIF = no quality loss, I bought co axial cable.

So, here is how I connected with the coaxial cable : VIRUS TI SPDIF Out >>> Interface IN 3/4.

Is it correct ?

Should I be able to record the virus with it ? Or do I need midi cables also ?

Thanks !

• If you want to record the sound of your Virus by playing it live, then you don't need any extra cables.
    If you want your sequencer (or any other controller) to trigger notes on your Virus, you need MIDI cables from your sequencer/controller to your Virus.
    If you want your DAW to play notes on your Virus, you should also be able to use a USB cable to send MIDI notes to your Virus.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Thanks !

But if I want to play my Virus inside my DAW, with a midi keyboard, do I need a connection between the Virus and the keyboard ? Or can I just control it like if it was vst ? Thanks !

• You can use it just like it was a VST. Just configure your track that you'd send to a MIDI channel of Virus Control to receive MIDI input from your Virus via USB.

Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Set up a MIDI track in your DAW to receive input from your controller keyboard, and send out data to the Virus.
    How that's done is very much depending on your DAW.