New feature, out of nowhere!? Auto MIDI part selection in Cubase

• Am I seeing things? This never happened before.

If I select a MIDI part on Cubase 9.0.20 (MacOS 10.12.5), the MIDI part on the Virus plug-in now changes to the relevant part.

Did Steinberg maybe add something / fix something, to make this work?

It's great though. The number of times in the past, where I've started working on a part's Virus patch, only to realise that I forgot to select the relevant part...

• You mean that if you select a Midi Part pointing to Virus Midi channell 2, on both the plugin and the Virus you'll be working on Part 2? It has always been like that (at least for me).
    I suspect this depends on how you setup the Virus plugin...well...if I'm not wrong I remember struggling with this when I did my own "new song" template project in Cubase. I did it once (long time ago) to start every new song with the Virus and Maschine complex midi/audio routing preloaded, so exactly now I don't remember what I did to obtain this behaviour from the TI, but I suspect it has to do with loading the plugin from the instruments rack as multitimbral instrument rather than normally firing up a new instrument track inside Cubase.
    Try doing that.

-Windows 10 Pro 64bit DAW (Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero + i9-9900)

-Steinberg Cubase 10 + Steinberg CC121 Controller
    -Steinberg MR816 CSX + Behringer ADA8200
    -iConnectivity MIO10
    -Virus TI2 P0lar
    -Waldorf Pulse (1)
    -Waldorf Blofeld

-Yamaha AN1x
    -Yamaha Reface DX
    -Clavia Nord Modular G1 Expanded

-Moog Minitaur
    -Maschine MK3

-Elektron Octatrack MKII

-Adam A7X
    https://soundcloud.com/daksha

• I mean (this is possibly terminology confusion) that if I set up 3 MIDI tracks on Cubase, track 1 aimed at MIDI part 1 on the plug-in, 2 at 2, 3 at 3, then when I select a Cubase MIDI track/part, hit the little keyboard button to open up the plug-in, the plug-in now switches to the relevant MIDI track/part.

Definitely didn't do that for me, until relatively recently. Either something in my settings has changed, or maybe Steinberg fixed something?

Edit: I always use Virus plug-in as a Rack instrument.

• Ok, yes, we are talking about the same feature :thumbup:
    I remember, when doing my template, that I tried loading the Virus several times just to obtain this congruent and useful behaviour...but I can't exactly remember what I did, you know, a template is there to be loaded and forget the pain to setup stuff everytime :D
    Well, I see now you're on OSX...Maybe that changed only now in Cubase for Mac... I forgot to mention I'm on Win...

-iConnectivity MIO10
    -Virus TI2 P0lar
    -Waldorf Pulse (1)
    -Waldorf Blofeld

-Yamaha AN1x
    -Yamaha Reface DX

-Moog Minitaur
    -Maschine MK3

-Elektron Octatrack MKII

-Adam A7X

• Could be, yes! Tomorrow I'm gonna check if I'm using the vst2 or 3.

-iConnectivity MIO10
    -Virus TI2 P0lar
    -Waldorf Pulse (1)
    -Waldorf Blofeld

-Yamaha AN1x
    -Yamaha Reface DX

-Moog Minitaur
    -Maschine MK3

-Elektron Octatrack MKII

-Adam A7X

• I checked now, my Plugin Manager inside Cubase says I've 1 instance of the Virus TI Plugin, VST 3.5.0 version (I'm in Cubase 9 64bit on Win10 64 here).

-iConnectivity MIO10
    -Virus TI2 P0lar
    -Waldorf Pulse (1)
    -Waldorf Blofeld

-Yamaha AN1x
    -Yamaha Reface DX

-Moog Minitaur
    -Maschine MK3

-Elektron Octatrack MKII

-Adam A7X

• whatever happens there, will unlikely be available in the VST2 version. i know that we suggested that features some years back to steinberg and there might be some code in Virus Control which support it. but it would be totally untested code and i'd be kind if surprised if we would have left it in there. all this wouldn't happen just automatically.

in general i can only recommend you all to use the VST3 variation for various reasons. among those are that steinberg discontinued support for VST2 some time ago and also that you don't have to learn automation<>parameter assignments anymore. VST2 had a limit there, VST3 doesn't really.

• Yes... this is happening. I'm using VST 3. I load as 'Instrument Track' not 'Rack Instrument' Since Cubase upgrade the Instrument tracks more like Track instruments I no longer use them. I prefer the view management with Instrument Tracks.