Weird issues that go away when Virus is unplugged (USB)

• I am running Cubase Pro9 with a fairly high spec PC. It runs fine and I was super impressed with the sound and no cpu usage when I recently got a Virus Snow. Since then through, I regularly get a 'fatal error' in Cubase. I also have a usb wifi booster (to pick up wifi) and it was also running fine until after I plugged in the Virus. I hadn't put all of this together until both issues have become so annoying that I had to stop trying to work round them and investigate. By process of elimination, I have now worked out that neither problems happen when the USB cable to the Virus is disconnected. Thoughts anyone? Is it a known issue with USB? Do I need different drivers? Could it be the cable? Should I Just go to Midi and Audio back in instead of USB? Help! I actually really want to keep it in my studio. The sound is awesome!!

• An Update:

Having unplugged the Virus (USB cable), the Cubase issue hasn't happened, but the Wifi issue has. It seems they were coincidental, but not related. I am running some more tests later...