Virus TI Latency WITHOUT TI

• Hi !
    Recently I decided to use my Virus TI without TI, cause TI is not working for me, and because, I should have 100% safety without TI (I mean, not having crash/latency, etc.)

So, I bought a soundcard (Roland Quad Capture) and a software (VirusHC in order to edit my Virus TI2 faster).

Problem : when recording, I have a delay of the playback for ANY track of the virus. But I think it is a problem related to FL Studio 12 wich I use, and not the TI.

But the real problem is it : even without TI (no usb, just midi cables) I still have latency when playing my Virus.

I just recorded it, to give you an example : http://picosong.com/vxPN/

There is short delay between the notes, how is it possible, since I don't use usb ?

Also, I am not sure, but it looks like the problem appear while using hypersaw.

For example, before recording the arp, I tried with a simple sine wave, and it was playing in time, but with hypersaw it sound not synchronized.

Thanks for your help !!

• EDIT : It is happening not only with Hypersaw, but also with classic waveforms, etc.

Also, there still the same sync problem when using no editor (Virus ==> interface ==> PC).

• I just recorded it, to give you an example : http://picosong.com/vxPN/

Are the notes directly from your DAW or the Virus Arpeggiator?

Here is how simple chord sounds with only Virus linked with midi :http://picosong.com/vx6L/

So we can hear that there is clearly a sync issue... :(

Sounds fine to me... but I don't know what to listen for.
    Maybe your problem with the chords is related to this thread:

Unison strumming why??? Help please!!! (edit: previously thought to be Hypersaw)

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Hi, thanks for your help.

All the sounds are played with midi (piano roll), I never use the arp.

You should hear that the chord is not playing 100% in time, I mean it sounds a little bit like a swing effect.

• OK, now I know what you are talking about: The notes are not played properly in time.

But the real problem is it : even without TI (no usb, just midi cables) I still have latency when playing my Virus.

Do you have any other hardware synths which you could use to check whether the problem is related to your soundcard or FL Studio? Do you have another DAW to check whether it doesn't happen there?

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+