macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) compatibility ?

• ... stripped the soundbanks file down to only ti2 banks and not only did it increase the loading time but generally made virus control happier. Maybe you’ve got some duff banks / patches? Eg in browser, sometimes the patch names are blank or garbage ...

• yes, cleaning the soundbanks sounds like good idea, I migh have blank ones. But, anyway, I will still have lot of banks....
    And, when you say that reducing banks 'generally made virus control happier.', what do you mean by that? When I realized that number of banks affect the time of loading, I thought that it might also affect overall Virus vst performance, because Im occasional experiencing dropouts and clicks...

• how many banks do you have installed?

firstly, around 500 or less, which was too much so Virus didnt load (or maybe I should have waited over 15 minutes to see the outcome?). Then I loaded about 80 banks, it loads, but it takes about 3 minutes (approximately equally long as it took on old OSX for all patches)

• firstly, around 500 or less, which was too much so Virus didnt load (or maybe I should have waited over 15 minutes to see the outcome?). Then I loaded about 80 banks, it loads, but it takes about 3 minutes (approximately equally long as it took on old OSX for all patches)

if you want a faster loading time, you need to install less banks. even 80 banks is a lot. there is currently no workaround for that. it is macOS which has changed, not Virus Control. We'll look into this but it will take time.

let me just add some personal advise: i like to collects sounds myself. this summer, for a project, i needed a specific collection of sounds so I sat down and spend about a day making some sort of best off collection for that project. It felt so much better to work with a small collection of sounds after that. so when winter comes, i'll go through all my sounds because frankly: i have no clue where the good ones are and that can be a real buzz killer ...