macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) compatibility ?

• I know it doesn't really help you, but just in case - I'm on 10.13.2, on a Hexacore 2013 cylinder-style Mac Pro, which uses an SSD formatted as APFS. My external Thunderbolt hard disk is also APFS. Also have a 2011 MacBook Pro, which works fine too (self-installed SSD formatted as APFS).

This is the most stable my Virus system has ever been.

In which case, whatever it is, can't be that MacOS version - in the sense that it causes problems on every system.

There is an obvious difference for me though. I use Cubase and Ableton, not Logic. I wonder if you could try the demo version of Ableton and see if you have the same problem?

It'll be interesting to see if you can narrow down what's causing your problems.

• ChrisCabbage with few libraries also open fast in APFS to me, the problem is when they are many (+200 midi files), in APFS it takes 5 minutes and in HFS + it takes 5 seconds to load (with the same number of libraries in the folder!). I do not know if the reason is for the APFS format, but for now it's the only difference I find. I have also tried the vst version and it has the same problem, it takes a long time to boot when there are many libraries on an APFS disk.

• Chris you can try to duplicate successively until you have 300-400 midi files in the Virus user folder, then start the application. If it takes minutes to open, you have the same problem. I just did it, then I copied the same folder in the imac with hfs+ disk and what in APFS were minutes, in hfs+ take seconds. It's very weird.

• To be fair, it's much faster and easier for you to temporarily move some files out of the way, into a temporary directory, than it is for me to start hunting for hundreds of libraries to test out the theory. I'd like to help, but I'm not currently experiencing a problem with my system. ...and given the way I work, if the hypothesis is correct, I'm not likely to hit problems as-is.

There's also the recent mods Apple made to reduce the impact of Meltdown and Spectre. The fixes for those security holes, mean that performing I/O means a performance hit (data moving between kernel and user space is essentially less optimised for throughput). If you have the very latest security updates, that could be contributing to the problems you're seeing.

I'd say that it's still worth running this past Access via their support system, since there may be something they can do to reduce the amount of I/O at plug-in start-up time. Not that they're doing much work on the Virus system at the minute...

• I'm having a nightmare at the moment with my Virus TI on my new Mac Pro 12 core cylinder with High Sierra. The Virus installer runs fine and connects to the virus without issue and completes the install and updates. Then when launching the Virus VST in Cubase or even with the Virus control centre it says it can't find the Virus. Using supplied USB cable and tried it in all 4 of the ports available with no solution. :/

• I'm having a nightmare at the moment with my Virus TI on my new Mac Pro 12 core cylinder with High Sierra. The Virus installer runs fine and connects to the virus without issue and completes the install and updates. Then when launching the Virus VST in Cubase or even with the Virus control centre it says it can't find the Virus. Using supplied USB cable and tried it in all 4 of the ports available with no solution.

please contact support by email.

• I have just apgraded to High Sierra 10.13.6 and it seems I have problems with LogicProX and my TI. Running latest version of LPX, when the plugin does load in an existiong track recorded with the TI, I get horrid sounds and screaches when the TI is triggered to play any patch. When I create a new project with a new TI track, I get nothing.

If I add an alternate sofware synth on that track and play the TI, the MIDI is getting through as the notes on the soft synth play when I play keys on the TI, but when I select the TI as the instrument, I get nothing.

Time to research, and I may end up submitting a ticket for help, Marc.

Mac OSX Yosemite

• Also, when I plug the TI into the ususal USB port on the Mac, I lose my Bluetooth functionality - the bluetooth Apple Maginc Mouse and Apple Keyboard lose connection and the Bluetooth icon on the menu bar keeps turning off and on over the course of 10 seconds or so. As soon as I unplug the TI USB cable, the Bluetooth functionality returns to my Mac.

It is increasingly looking like I will be reverting back to El Capitan (I cloned a nice new SSD from the internal HDD and it is this SSD that is now the main internal boot drive of my Mac and is the drive I upgraded to High Sierra). I will return the HDD to the internal location which of course still has a working copy of El Capitan and whichever TI version is on it,, then will clone the SSD again and not upgrade to High Sierra.

Sigh....

Mac OSX Yosemite

• Hi,

when using the TI as an audio interface while listening to e.g. Spotify on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016), High Sierra 10.13.6 the sound starts crackling (It didn't do on an older Mac pro before). Also the maximum audio rate I can configure now in Ableton is 48k instead of before 96k. I installed the plugins and software as usual and all seemed ok during and right after installation process. Anyone else having the same or any ideas?

Thanks.
    Dennis

• Ayyyy is this the Chris cabbage from psymusic U.K. ??

If so , well appreciate your knowledge , been reading through that forum starting with the very first posts , (2004 :) , much to learn over there

Nice one , hope ya get it sorted