Enjoying my MBP "17 and LP9 with AU keyboards...is LATENCY and SOUND DEGREDATION in VC mode a myth?

• I want to use a TI2 Polar to replace my Akai MPK49, Apogee Duet, and AU synths(that setup has no latency and instantiates mulitimbraly with ease as you know). Give it to me strait; i sold my v-synth xt because I felt like i was beta testing for $2k and the integration was not "TOTAL"... What about you?

thanks for the beautiful site! :thumbup:

Luney Tunes

• I would have to say the best thing you could do is keep everything you have and save up for a virus if you dont already have one. The latency from my virus is always bang on and i've never had any issues with the sound quality, its always sounded expensive to me lol.

A lot of people said when the virus was first released that they were having latency problems blah blah blah but we're well past that stage now man, everything works the way it's supposed to :D

I would definitely keep the mpk for a master keyboard man, if you ditch it you would prob regret it big time.

The only major gripe i found with the virus is that I much prefer not to use it as an audio interface for certain reasons of my own taste, I would definitely keep the apogee duet man.

Ben -Prolodic

http://www.myspace.com/prolodic

• Zitat

The latency from my virus is always bang on and i've never had any issues with the sound quality

have you tried using VC as an AU multi-timbraly in LP9? because thats when the sound degredation was reported; in souncard mode.

Zitat

The only major gripe i found with the virus is that I much prefer not
    to use it as an audio interface for certain reasons of my own taste

i dont want to record vocals or anything, just monitoring mixes.......OOOOHHHH!.... i get it! i shouldnt MIX with the TI2! :P --- am i rite so far?

Zitat

I would definitely keep the mpk for a master keyboard man, if you ditch it you would prob regret it big time.

i have an MPD32 also 8) and i just need airplane, overhead bin-sized keys with aftertouch, man. no knobs, faders, transport or note repeat.

i guess the question is do i HAVE TO record the physical outs to get the same sound as in hardware mode compared to soundcard mode with VC?

• I've never used VC in LP9, I'm a Cubase user but saying that I've never had any issues with it in that DAW.

Don't get me wrong mate, you can do a mixdown really well when using the virus as your soundcard, the only issue I have is that when I try to increase the buffer size so my PC can handle more plugins, the sounds from my virus stop coming out. Its a pain in the arse, So i just stick with my Edirol, it can handle anything pretty much. Thats why your Apogee shouldbe kept!

I personally don't think that the sound is degraded buy going through the Virus' USB.

If you wanna listen to my track here:

http://www.myspace.com/prolodic

It has the Virus all over it and was all bounced through the USB. I did upload it at 320bit so you'll get an idea of the quality anyway

Ben - Prolodic :D

• nice trak. i see the quality and i want that sound, man.

so i keep my duet and keep an vsti track AND audio track enabled to record.....OK

so... im almost sold.........

can you walk me thru recording 4 tracks of VC and lets say Lennar Digital's Sylenth controlled by the TI? is it easy as using an Oxygen 8; no latencies or workarounds changing to different tracks, rite?(the ACCESS demo videos are ANCIENT!)

thanks

Results include your SearchWiki notes for sylenth. Share these notes

Copy and paste this link into an email or IM:

See a preview of the shared page

• yes, keep the mpk, i´m also using one with the virus ti 2

no latency issues

but latency has to do with lots of things in your system, so if you have a good soundcard with good drivers, like rme and a good pc (dualcore, better quadcore) with enough ram (4 gig) then you should be fine

• Hey man,

recording the virus' parts is easy. The way i do it using cubase is to make a new group channel and call it "record buss" then create a new audio track and call it "record track".

I route the output of my virus channel into the "record buss" and then set the stereo in on my "record track" to "record buss". That way you get a direct feed of your virus into an audio track for recording.

If you have more than one part from your virus playing through the same channels on the mixer just solo the part you want to record and voila!

In the likes of ableton its a lot less fuss, you just route the output of the virus audio track to an empty audio track and hit record. Remember the same applies about soloing other parts if they play through the same channel.

For setting up the virus to control your other plugins its pretty easy too, alhough it will help if you know the midi cc's for the parameters you want to control. Setting up controls for your other plugins is done on the "remote" page of the virus, its pretty straight forward and is explained quite well.

Ben