I know it's been talked about a lot, but when I think of a Virus TI3, I think the following:
- Everything that's in the TI/TI2
- Add a larger screen (possibly touchscreen) for clear editing of waveforms, etc (think the new Waldorf Quantum)
- Add Thunderbolt and/or USB3, and modify Virus Control, to transmit 16 channels of both MIDI and high-resolution Audio
- User importable wavetables (sampling), user-creatable wavetables, using the screen
- Some sample memory for all of this
- Possibly a suite of sample-editing tools (tie in with the wavetable creation)
- More knobs for surface-editing and less menu diving (maybe on the keyboard version, have the unit run the entire length of the keyboard instead of being the same size as the Desktop version; or just make them both bigger)
- More arpeggiator options welcome
- More filter modes/distortions
- Built-in feedback mode (to get guitar amp-like feedback)?
If you think about it this would be a huge upgrade, and really not that much has to change.
Even without user wavetables/sampling, just modernizing it to carry 16 channels of audio would be a seller in itself; I would buy a TI3 if all they added was 16 channels of audio along with the MIDI, and changed nothing else.