FM / Tutorials

• There is a Ring Mod and FM tutorial on the Access Support Videos web page and there's also some Virus FM vids on YouTube.
    Hope that helps!
    :)

• Indeed. I was looking for the same a couple of months ago and all I found was a gaping black hole... in fact there is little information about FM in general. Seems it's still like in the eighties: Use presets or learn all by yourself.

What might be helpful though is to dissect presets that use FM.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• So true! I worked a lot with the Yamaha TG77 and Ableton Operator, but using pre-defined algorythms is totally different for me... I think Access should provide some videos as they implemented FM in their own special way. I like less parameters in the TI2, but they should provide some videos on certain sounds that show why to use certain FM settings, to understand FM in the TI2 in a better way.

• To my understanding, FM is very basic in the Virus TI: Osc 1 modulates Osc 2. For the classic oscillators you're able to select different waves ro be used at Osc 1 pitch. For the Wavetable oscillators you can choose between frequency modulation and phase modulation. Very basic, but still pretty powerful.

Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Right, this year two interesting FM releated sound sets were released:

Synthmorph Virus FM Power
    https://synthmorph.com/product…ulation-synthesis-presets

Virus TI preset pack by Parandroid
    http://www.parandroid.net/prod…k-parandroid-128-samples/