how would i connect my snow to my analog mixer?? -10dBV or +4dBu ?

• hi
    I have a Virus Snow
    the generalized Virus TI specs say -

6 balanced outputs with +4 dB level and soft limiting algorithm. Studio grade 192 khz D/A converters with S/PDIF digital I/O. 2x24 bit inputs. Surround sound capabilities. The Virus TI Snow has 2 un-balanced outputs and no SPDIF I/O.
    192 Khz studio grade D/A converters (+4dB balanced output), with soft limiting algorithm. 24 bit A/D converters. The Virus produces one of the hottest signals in the industry. Live keyboards can leave their DI boxes at home and plug the symmetrical outputs right into the stage box (special cable required)..

The snow has 2 analog outs,but are all the other specs the same as the other models? like +4dB (unbalanced outputs) with soft limiting algorithm,192 kHz D/A converters,24 bit A/D etc...?

also

how would i connect my snow to my analog mixer?? would i need to use -10dBV or +4dBu inputs on my mixer ?not sure about the outputs on the snow . .(consumer -10 dBV or pro +4 dBu ). will i need to plug the snow's outputs into my mixers preamp and give it some gain or a DI box required ?

i wish the manual was more detailed and specific for each model, as there seem to be differences that can cause confusion. ?(

thanks...

• Technically neither setting will hurt your mixer so long as you are careful setting the levels.

I have my Virus hooked up to a MOTU 828 mkII, and have bounced back and forth a bit with my input settings. I've got it currently set up as a +4db stereo input with analog boost to bring the signal up. I've had some trouble with the signal being too weak or too strong before based upon the sound being played.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter much so long as when you go to record, you get as loud a signal as you can get without clipping/distortion. The louder the signal, the less noise when you record. With an analog mixer, it should be more forgiving to clipping than my digital mixer. Just watch the level meters and adjust the output of the TI as well as the input setting on the mixer to make sure you get the best of both worlds.