Component Mismatch with Latest Software (v5.1.7.00)

• Hi there,

Just installed the latest update that was issues earlier, everything was successfully installed and updated according to the installer. Tried opening up Virus Control Centre and receive the following message...

Component Mismatch
    The installed drivers do not match the version required by the Virus Control Centre. Please reinstall the Virus TI Software Suite and contact Access support should the problem persist.

Any help? Thanks

• I had the same issue in the past. Just yesterday I had the issue where my Polar would not come back on AT ALL... no LEDs..nothing. Looking through various internet post I came upon...Press Exit and plug in power cable. This brought me to a Firmware screen. I then went through the software load process and all worked OK.
    This may not be the same fix for you... I would pull ALL connections from the unit except the poser and USB and start again. Sorry for not having a specific solution...Im a bit new at the Virus myself.

• alexmshore,

Same here, driver mismatch... I tried installing, reinstalling, deleting, still the same. The other issue I am having is some tomes the audio just drops out...

I will keep you posted if I hear anything.

Matthew

• This is what Support told me. Haven't tried it yet. Although I have this driver mismatch warning. The Control plug in works in my DAW, but not with the Virus control center.

"In this case we recommend to remove the entire TI OS suite from this Mac with the help of the Access uninstaller which you will find here:

APPLICATIONS -> ACCESS MUSIC

Whenever this has happened, please shut down the Mac, wait a few seconds and then restart the computer again. Next install the Virus TI OS once again on the Mac and the TI and see if this helps. To install the TI OS again on the TI hardware, please unplug the power from your Virus TI and remove any other cable going from/to the TI. Wait approximately 30-60 seconds. While plugging back in the power only, hold down the EXIT button. This will force the unit into USB UPDATE MODE. Next try again to load in the very latest OS and check if this helps."

• you don't need to update the Virus itself.

If you run the installer, it installs the firmware on the Virus again without asking.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• I have this problem as well.
    I contacted the technical support, I followed the things I was about to do for two days.
    I also reinstalled all osx.
    nothing to do, always the same problem
    with osx 10.8 the control suite starts but does not find the virus
    with osx 10.13 even part giving the error signaled as well by you

I do not know what to do...

• I did the following and now VCC can connect to the Virus again:
    - Downloading the "Virus TI Software Suite 5.1.7.00" (again, today)
    - Run the "Uninstall Virus TI Software Suite" (previously installed in /Applications/Access Music/Virus TI/)
    - Run the new "Virus TI Software Suite 5.1.7.00" installer
    - Restart Mac
    - Start VCC --> connects to Virus

Mac OS X 10.12.6

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• I have this problem and have tried oliAtBass's tip but this still isn't working for me. The plugins is showing midi receive but no virus sound.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Wish i'd never updating it now, was working fine.

• It's important for those switching the Virus between both the Win & Mac platforms.
    It has finally realligned the firmware/software version between them, so that if you go from Mac to Pc and backward, you don't have to upgrade-downgrade your Virus firmware anymore :)

-Windows 10 Pro 64bit DAW (Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero + i9-9900)

-Steinberg Cubase 10 + Steinberg CC121 Controller
    -Steinberg MR816 CSX + Behringer ADA8200
    -iConnectivity MIO10
    -Virus TI2 P0lar
    -Waldorf Pulse (1)
    -Waldorf Blofeld

-Yamaha AN1x
    -Yamaha Reface DX
    -Clavia Nord Modular G1 Expanded

-Moog Minitaur
    -Maschine MK3

-Elektron Octatrack MKII

-Adam A7X
    https://soundcloud.com/daksha

• You are welcome, have a nice day! :)

-Windows 10 Pro 64bit DAW (Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero + i9-9900)

-Steinberg Cubase 10 + Steinberg CC121 Controller
    -Steinberg MR816 CSX + Behringer ADA8200
    -iConnectivity MIO10
    -Virus TI2 P0lar
    -Waldorf Pulse (1)
    -Waldorf Blofeld

-Yamaha AN1x
    -Yamaha Reface DX
    -Clavia Nord Modular G1 Expanded

-Moog Minitaur
    -Maschine MK3

-Elektron Octatrack MKII

-Adam A7X
    https://soundcloud.com/daksha

• I get this message. I do not know what it means where it says white key that covers the power cable. My TI2 virus does not have any buttons next to the power cable. E pressed the Exit key and nothing. I'm disappointed with this update. Please helpme

- Remove all cables including USB, power and audio cables form your virus ti

- Wait for 30 secons

- Hold the exit key which is located left to the display white plugging in the power cable

- Wait until your virus ti shows Usb update mode

- Plug- in the usb cale