audio drop out after upgrading to High Sierra

• Hi guys.

I am having an odd issue after upgrading to High Sierra. After about 10 min or so the audio just drops. I say 10 min or so because it is sort of random but mostly occurs around that time.

I upgraded the day High Sierra was released and since the Virus was not supported yet I went back to 10.12 and... no drop out.

Since 5.1.7.00 was released I upgraded to High Sierra again and agin starting experiencing this drop out.

A little description of what is happening:

I play audio from any source, iTunes, Safari (youTube), Logic, etc, and the audio just drops after some time. The player is still playing and if it press pause/stop and then play again then the audio starts right back up. If I switch audio devices, the audio is still playing along and comes right back with out ever stopping.

I did notice that the os does not take full control of the Virus like it did in 10.12.

I have my setup in the same config so I am baffled and wonder it I am overlooking something.

Any ideas are welcome and if this is solved I will post details in this post.

Matthew

• I'm essentially using an external monitor with my cylinder-style MacPro.

Not seeing these issues.

Are you using a MacBook?

Yes... I just had the audio drop with out the monitors in last night... So it is not the monitors.

Might do a fresh intsall today to see if that fixes it.

• Ive been doing some testing on the new firmware version 5.1.7 -> if it drops out after ten minutes maybe check to make sure the app nap option is turned off for your DAW? As an ableton user I WAS able to get the virus to work with the last version of the developers preview OS with live 8 and 9 a couple weeks ago... however after going to the initial release version the virus control center doesnt find the device over usb. hoping some os updates will help. Might have lost my patches but. Its time to write new music anyway right...? :whistling:

• however after going to the initial release version the virus control center doesnt find the device over usb. hoping some os updates will help.

Can you elaberate on this. the virus control center on my machine says that there is a driver mismatch. Is that whatyou are talking about?

• This is so odd. I have Virus Control Working but still get the random audio drop out. FYI all DAW’s aside just playing itunes does it and once agin I never experenced this in Sierra.

I am in contact with supprt maybe something will come to light soon.

Matthew

• On my setup (which is basically a fresh install after a part repair ) the virus control center doesn't give a driver mis match message, It just cannot find the synth. However, after looking at the support articles from last fall I'm not sure if it was this issue of having SIP turned off... I certainly don't want to disable that to get it to work with 5.1.7 / High Sierra

• On my setup (which is basically a fresh install after a part repair ) the virus control center doesn't give a driver mis match message, It just cannot find the synth. However, after looking at the support articles from last fall I'm not sure if it was this issue of having SIP turned off... I certainly don't want to disable that to get it to work with 5.1.7 / High Sierra

you never had to turn SIP off for our software. I know it was suggested here a couple of times and all I can do is to advise you to ignore those suggestions. as for your issue, please contact support by email.

• Hi all,

First thanks for any suggestions that were posted.

After careful testing, contact with Access support, and contact with Apple support I can confirm that there is an issue with High Sierra and the audio dropping out on my system.

First, there is a known issue with running external monitors in High Sierra and even thought Access support claims that external monitors have no impact on their interface, after numerious testing with my external monitors I have found that the drop outs increase and the sound becomes distorted on occasion. Considering the monitors and the Virus are all on the same bus, something is going on.

I tried a fresh install and once again after plugging in my external monitors, audio dropped.

I went back to Sierra and the system has been rock solid. I will stay with Sierra until I hear that Apple has addressed the monitor issue and hopefully that will address the audio droop outs as well. If anyone comes across any issue like this let me know.

I will update as needed.

Matthew