Improved LFO/envelope sample rate

• Hello!

Fresh owner of a Virus TI here, loving the synth so far. Coming from mainly software background, I often find myself twiddling with the knobs and making all sorts of sonic adventures that I get immersed in for hours. The Virus is definitely a great timewaster. ;)

However, while using extremely fast LFOs and envelopes, the modulation tends to be too stepped. I examined a waveform I recorded using a fast LFO and figured that their sample rate is 44100/64 Hz (at least when running Virus at 44.1 kHz). That's adequate for most cases, but I would really love if there was an option to run all LFOs and envelopes at higher rate, say, 1/4 of audio rate or even at audio rate. I understand this would require extra DSP power, which is why it would make sense to have an option for it. Not having that option seems like a missed opportunity for more "analogue" modulation and trickery.

I'm not a DSP coder myself, but I would imagine this could be done relatively simply with an OS update. Thoughts?

• Have you tried using the Adaptive Control Smoothing? See page 129 of the Virus TI User Manual.
    http://www.virus.info/api/download/dlid/214/alternate/0/User manual Virus TI (series 1) in English

• Have you tried using the Adaptive Control Smoothing? See page 129 of the Virus TI User Manual.

No, because I figured it only affects the actual knob movements and not the internal LFO/envelope modulation routings. I tried changing the Smooth Mode and it had no effect. The LFOs and envelopes still run at the same rate. Have you had different experiences with changing it?

Thanks for replying!