Snow + new i7 iMac = Audio Driver Failure.

• Anyone else getting this? I think it is because apple in their infinite wisdom decided to spread their internal usb devices
    across both of the high speed ports shared by the USB ports... one has the iR recieve and iSight, and the other has
    the Bluetooth and SD card reader on it.

the snow complains about stuff on the bus when loading as a plugin..

Virus Control complains as well but it seems to load.

Is this just the way it is for new iMac owners now?
    I guess it is.

• please download version 3.3.4.00 which is available within the download section and install it. then run the script below. in our limited tests, this combo will make virus control work (although you will face a couple of error messages when starting it up). we hope to have a more convenient solution in the future but for now, that's the best we can do so close to christmas.

open the terminal window and past the following single line (without speech marks) and execute it:

"defaults write de.access-music.virus_ti.control Axiomatics -bool false"

hth, marc

ps. your guess is right, apple/intel build hubs into their latest USB design.

• Marc,

As part of this fix, will you guys please make it possible for Virus TI owners to be able to enable/disable the USB hub check as part of their configuration? I'd love to be able to use my TI from a hub if the hub is sufficiently fast enough to do so and doesn't create issues. Apparently, it is possible to use the TI via a hub if there is a workaround for the i7 iMac internal hub problem, which makes me wonder why the hub check is there in the first place.

Keep up the great work as always!

Thanks,

- max