TIOS 3.3.4.00 has been released

• Thanks for heads-up. I was sort of hoping for Win 7 GUI slowness to be fixed after all this time. :(

Anyway tried to install over 3.3.0 results in "Virus TI Software Suite 64 bit Setup ended prematurely" messege and cannot continue. Tried uninstalling 3.3.0 but that doesn't work either. So I am stuck here. What's up with these installation issues? :q

Win7 64 here.

EDIT: Reinstalled 3.3.0 beta successfully. Tried to fresh-install 3.3.4 release but same "prematurely ended" error.

• Installing 3.3.4, I had the exact same results as h4nc0.
    A failed installation, unable to uninstall the existing 3.3.0 drivers and my TI Polar converted into an elegant, binking, but usless keyboard.
    I tried a repair install of 3.3.0, but even that did no remedy my situation.
    All hail system restore! It brought my system back to it's previous functional state before I tried installing 3.3.4.

• I'm also having problems with 3.3.4. When I try to install, I get about halfway, then the window that says "Connect your Virus TI unit and turn it on" (or something to that effect) pops up, I click OK and it starts copying files, but after the progress bar comes about half way it says something about rolling back drivers, and then the installation ends, and in Control panel / Device Manager I get two instances of Virus TI (MIDI driver and USB Driver?) under the Other Devices tab, both of which have the yellow exclamation mark, and are unusable. Under "Sound, video and game controllers" I get one working instance of Virus TI (I'm guessing this is the audio driver part?).

Doing an uninstall and then reinstalling the 3.3.0 public beta works though, but it would be nice to have the latest version working instead ;)

I'm using Windows 7 64bit with Cubase 4.5.2 (32 bit version, since I'm having trouble getting some VST's to work with the 64 bit version).

I don't know if this is relevant or not, but the "Connect your Virus TI" window pops up at the very start of the installation procedure with the 3.3 public beta, and with the 3.3.4 release it comes up during the middle of the installation process. Maybe this has nothing to do with my problems, just trying to figure out reasons why it doesn't work.

• I havent installed this yet, Ill wait until some admins tell us what the problem is. I hope the windows 7 gui issues will be solved shortly.

Just a little feature request:
    The virus is famous for its tremendous amounts of patches, but the way it handles them is a little bit tedious. What I mean is browsing through patches is really a pain. There is no quick "next or previous" buttons, and the virus doesnt publish its preset list in the vst, so one cant even use the previous, next buttons in the hosts vst wrapper.
    I hope we can get some buttons in the easy page, to go thgouth patches, or use the mouse scroll wheel to change to the next patch in the browser rather than double clicking on each sound in the bank. Unless I have missed something and there is a method that I dont know of.

• I hope we can get some buttons in the easy page, to go thgouth patches, or use the mouse scroll wheel to change to the next patch in the browser rather than double clicking on each sound in the bank. Unless I have missed something and there is a method that I dont know of.

I couldn't agree more. I can't believe VC lacks this pretty basic feature. In Cubase, I could use arrow keys but I have to click each preset in Ableton Live and it's MAJOR pain in the ass!!

• I just downloaded and installed 3.3.4 without any issues. It's working fine with Live 8.10.

I'm running Win7 64 bit on a laptop.

Araz
    ps. I also agree about the lack of ease in browsing the presets...

• Installed and works just fine for me here as well. Windows 7 x64 beta. Cubase 5.1.1.

I did get a driver failed message during installation, however, after the firmware update was complete, I unplugged and plugged back in the unit and Windows then recognized the device with no error messages present in Device Manager. I loaded up a fresh project in Cubase and it worked without issue.

• Can't install on 64 bit version.

Comes up with an ended prematurely message every time.

I've tried re-installing 3.3, removing that and then installing 3.4. Various similar permutations.

I'll have to go back to 3.3...

Edit: a bit of digging and manually extracting the MSI seems to show that the 64 bit MSI might contain the wrong firmware image (3.3?). Might be worth checking the 64 bit release!

• just installed on my Windows 7 32 bit system it works like a charm, and what i noticed, the performance of GUI is way faster now!!! thanks access :)

but i still do not undertand, can Marc explain why the delay and reverb ammount number is show with "-" ?

By the way VST3 version doesnt work, im using FL Studio 9 (it has VST3 Support since 9.0.3 version)

• when trying to install new firmware it rolls back the operation and doesn't install...

Running Windows XP X64...

Yep - same here.

I don't have conclusive proof, but I think the firmware image might be incorrect on the 64 bit .msi package.

There's definitely something wrong with the 64 bit installer though...

• Had the same gui problems in win7x64. Is there something in particular that is causing this? Doesn't seem to be an issue for everyone. Video card?

Went back to xp partition. Everything seems alright. Still getting and issue where if I adjust the "transpose" "bender up" and Bender down" params, it will jump to +63 after I clcik on something else... I've had this for a couple years now on various systems.

Thanks again access