TIOS 3.3.4.00 has been released

• Got it going with some nasty hacking.

Installed 3.3.3.

Installed 3.3.4 on my laptop which is running Win7 32 bit (which obviously updated the firmware).

Manually extracted the .msi for 64 bit 3.3.4

Updated the drivers manually.

Copied the relevant other files to their usual places.

Now seems to be working OK.

I don't really want to have to do this again Access!

;)

• I also had the problem of installer rolling back. Solved that also by not plugging Virus in, so thx luciphercolors for suggestion.
    Then I had the problem of Virus VST plugin not recognizing my Virus Ti Snow (it was also in 3.3.0.0, but I thought that 3.3.4.0 could fix that). Damn! It still doesn't recognize it, and drivers don't work properly (device cannot start message in device manager).
    Then I tried to use different USB ports, disconnecting all other USB devices, etc, etc with no success... until I for whatever reason tried to connect it through some crappy noname passive USB hub that I had lying around. I don't use it, as it works really bad, many devices refuse to work when connected to it. But, I don't know why, I took that hub, connected it to my PC's USB port, connected Virus to the hub. And you know what? It worked!!!!! My Virus got successfully recognized in VST plugin, all the USB I/O channels worked perfectly, with no latency or glitches.
    So now I'm kinda confused, because the usual recommendations for these kind of problems are to avoid any hubs and connect device directly to motherboard's USB ports. But in my case, doing totally opposite thing solved the problem. When I connect my Virus through that hub, it always works. When I connect it directly to motherboard (even to the same port to which the hub was connected), Windows says "device cannot start" and it doesn't work. It also doesn't matter to which MB port I connect the hub; as long as Virus is connected not directly to MB, but through that particular hub, it works. Also, I tried to use two other USB hubs (both of them actually worked with all my other USB devices without problems), and with both of them Virus refused to work! So basically, my Virus works only when I connect it through one specific USB hub that otherwise produced many problems with other devices, and when connected in any other way, it doesn't work. Extremely strange situation.
    Anyway, I'm happy that at least I finally got my Virus running on my main Windows 7 x64 system (on 32-bit WinXP installed on the same PC, it always worked and works with any connection, no matter whether it's directly to MB or through any hub).

• SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tried this update and believe me it dose not work, i had to Remove and reinstall the Original 3.1.0.0 to get my Virus Ti working again.

The computer i use is Pc with Window's Xp pro, 4 gig ram with 2.8 Quad Core running Cubase 4.1

Mother board is Gigabyte EP45-DS3R

Hard drive is Raptor 500gig running at 10,000 RPM's

So people please do not update. Guess we have to wait for another 6 months DAM.

• why ,it doesn't work ?
    i do use 3.3.4 on xp pro sp2 and cubase 5.1

• Had to roll back to 3.1.0.0 and am now getting the "No Virust TI can be found" splash screen.

!!!

I've gone through the list on the screen (ARP EDIT), uninstalled, changed usb port, reinstalled, Arp Edit again, rebooted, reinstalled drivers, rebooted, change usb port again, changed USB cables, and rebooted. and more.

WinXP32, Ableton, Intel I7 935, 3+gigs

ASIO drivers seem to be working fine. Windows audio is fine. But the VST plugin won't load. :Z

HELP

It's the worst when things like this happen right before a gig.

UPDATE:

Fixed. I noticed that in /program files/vstplugins/access music the were two DLL files marked as version 3.3.4.0 - I deleted these, ran the installer to REMOVE the installation completely, deleted the Access folder in Program Files (just to be sure), and reran the installation to install everything,

no more need to panic. :) Love you access.

• Tried reinstalling 3.3.4 after reading that disconnecting Virus during installation works. Disconnected Ti Snow and reinstalled. Had to manually update Ti Snow firmware with Virus Control Center, but everything seems to work fine now.

• No idea ;(

I have tried ALL the above information and i still can only use 3.1.0

The new update keeps rolling back so i have no clue now, DAM!!!!.

for some reason it gets stuck around the "looking for vtmidi,sys;vtmidi.sy_"

So i am presuming its got something to do with this..?

• What I find strange so far: There's not even ONE single Mac user here, reporting on their experiences. Don't you have any problems with the new beta, or don't you dare to install? I actually don't (yet), since I'm in the middle of a bigger project. But my problems with 3.3 are vast, so it would be quite interesting to here something from some early adopters. :thumbup:

Best regards,

Christian

• What I find strange so far: There's not even ONE single Mac user here, reporting on their experiences. Don't you have any problems with the new beta, or don't you dare to install? I actually don't (yet), since I'm in the middle of a bigger project. But my problems with 3.3 are vast, so it would be quite interesting to here something from some early adopters. :thumbup:

Best regards,

Christian

I will give you a update as a Mac user.... ;)

Had the following issue with TIOS 3.3.4 (Mac running OSX 10.4.11 & Dedicated USB 2.0 Card) :

I tried to install. OS 3.3.4 but as soon as i came to the firmware update part my Virus was not recognized anymore.
    Had to restart my Mac and startup the Virus Control....my Virus was then recognized again and i could update it to 3.3.4 without any problem.

Afterwards i had the following problems when running it standalone.....as soon as i try to connect it to the Virus Control Centre or the plugin in my DAW it does not recognize the Virus at all.
    Tried all tricks to let the Virus be recognized again (Exit button, ARP Edit button, different USB ports, no other stuff connected to USB...etc..) but to no avail.

What i do notice though is that the Virus is recognized when i run the installer application, so as soon as it wants to install. the firmware with the installer app. it recognizes the Virus and will install. this accordingly.
    Also remarkable is the fact that the Virus can be found in the hardware diagnostics app....when looking at my USB ports it says Virus TI to the one which it is connected to.

• try some registry cleaner and also remove all your usb devices.

and remove virus software suite and then install again os 3.3.4

• What I find strange so far: There's not even ONE single Mac user here, reporting on their experiences. Don't you have any problems with the new beta, or don't you dare to install? I actually don't (yet), since I'm in the middle of a bigger project. But my problems with 3.3 are vast, so it would be quite interesting to here something from some early adopters.

Best regards,

Christian

it appears to me that hardly anybody reports their experience with the new OS. what i can see is people having problems installing the software on PCs. what i also can see is that only a small percentage reports problems to support or on the forum. of course i'm assuming that most of those who downloaded actually installed the OS suite.

so what "vast" problem do you have with 3.3?

best, marc

• All will be well soon...

>>WINXP SP3 | C2D E8400 _ 4GB RAM _ 40GB SSD - System _ 1GB - Data | LIVE 8.2.2 Suite<<

• Finally managed to install it. this is what I did.

Unplug your virus, so your computer does not see it. Start the installation it says plug in the virus but dont do it. After installation, start the Virus Control center it starts installing again, but still do not plug in your virus. After the installation is complete start the Virus Control Center, and it will tell you that you need to update the virus, so do it. Then hopefully everything will work.