Possible problems with Cubase dongle on up-to-date MacOS and Cubase

• So, since 10.13.2 and Cubase 9.5.10, I've started having problems with the Cubase dongle. Anyone else using Cubase?

If I have the dongle connected to an Elektron Overhub (MTT USB3 hub), Virus TI plug-in won't even start up. The Cubase dongle also has problems being recognised, which wasn't previously an issue.

So, I've now moved the dongle over to a Thunderbolt to USB adapter, whilst Virus and Elektron AR and AK are connected to Overhub.

So far, that's looking better. ...but it does bring up the possibility that the Cubase dongle could be interfering with other devices - maybe eating more than its fair share of bandwidth.

Anyone else seeing similar?

• Using macOS Sierra 10.12 with current patch level, I've not had any issues so far. Interesting enough, I've seen a couple of problems with the Cubase licenser after upgrading to 9.5 on two Windows systems in different studios.

The Cubase dongle doesn't need a lot of bandwidth and you could move it to an old USB 2.0 hub to further isolate it.
    Also, depending on your use of the dongle, it might be worn and malfunctioning.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• I'm coming to the pragmatic conclusion, that this is all related to bandwidth availability and which device(s) claims its / their share first.

Depending on the power-up sequence, the first ones to get a connection, get their required bandwidth.

I see this with my Elektron devices alongside Virus Ti.

Perhaps I just need to get another hub?

• this could be the old issue that 12mbit devices share one single 12mbit stream by design unless you use an USB2 high speed hub in between to make the OS think that it is dealing with a high speed device.

• Shouldn't be the case for my setup Marc. I'm using a MTT hub (OverHub). That should theoretically make the OS think it's a USB3 device. It's quite difficult to prove though, without an analyser. MacOS System Information does give me a list of the slow devices though. Could be a related effect.

Reckon I'm going to by another hub anyhow and see if I can split and distribute the bandwidth better.

Maybe another OverHub?