SysEx for changing Multis?

• Is there a SysEx command for changing Multis in Multi mode?
    I can enable "Multi program change" and send a program change message, but this changes the Multi and the patch on whatever part happens to use the Global MIDI channel. Of course I can use MIDI channel 16 as the global - I never use all 16 parts anyway - but it's still a workaround; sysex would be The Right Way to do it ;)

• Not hijack, but I was also curious if there's a command to change the currently active part in a Multi as well. Combined with the OP's question, would make my live sets easier. Thanks!

• Tarekith, I believe you just need to send the Program Change message on the corresponding MIDI channel
    (assuming the part has "Program Change enabled" in Multi Edit menu).

Just to clarify, I don't want to switch programs on the selected part, I want to find a way to switch the front panel from part 1, to part 2, to part 5, etc remotely via midi.

• Ah, I see. Doubt that's possible though :S

Btw, I contacted Access support with this question, and they replied with what I already know (and have explicitly stated that I know it and am looking for another solution) - that I can use Program Change on the global channel, etc. Doh :P

• Is there a SysEx command for changing Multis in Multi mode?
    I can enable "Multi program change" and send a program change message, but this changes the Multi and the patch on whatever part happens to use the Global MIDI channel. Of course I can use MIDI channel 16 as the global - I never use all 16 parts anyway - but it's still a workaround; sysex would be The Right Way to do it ;)

The right way might be a sysex dump of the multi. If you can work within the first 16 multi which save their own patches, you could always dump the entire multi to the TI before playing the set. And always have those settings stored in the song. Try Store then select Dump Arrangement.

• The right way might be a sysex dump of the multi. If you can work within the first 16 multi which save their own patches, you could always dump the entire multi to the TI before playing the set. And always have those settings stored in the song. Try Store then select Dump Arrangement.

Interesting idea, but alas, won't work for me for several reasons:
    - the SysEx data that I can assign to a pad on my controller is very limited (something like 16 bytes) - definitely not enough to store a complete Multi dump
    - inconvenience: any change I make to the multi, e.g. adjust the volume for one of the parts, I'll have to update the controller assignment
    - if I send a sysex dump, does it replace the current multi, or the one from which it originated? in the latter case, this solves nothing (still have to switch...)
    - I already use way more than 16 multis...

But thanks anyway, LivePsy!

Btw, I got an official reply from Acces: "sorry, but this isn't possible" :(