Arpeggiator of Virus TI 2 used with an external keyboard?

• Hello!

Just want to know if it's possible to apply TI arpeggiator patterns on an external input source.

Exemple: I plug a Nord Lead 2X external analog outputs in the inputs of the Virus TI and apply TI arpeggiator on the Nord Lead sounds or it's just with the TI effects i can do that?

Thank you!

• The arpeggiator simply plays a sequence of MIDI notes; it's not there to process external audio.

If you want to chop up external audio using the TI's arpeggiator to define the pattern of the chopping, you might want to set up a MIDI-driven audio gate in your sequencer. You would feed the Nord audio signal in to the sequencer, and control the MIDI gate with note on/note off messages from your TI's arpeggiator. Make sure you turn on "Arp Note Send" setting in the Global MIDI menu so that the arpeggiated notes are sent. I would tell you how to set up the MIDI gate, but that will be different with each sequencer package.

There might be a way to create a "noise gate" patch in the TI and use this to chop up the signal, but I'm not familiar enough with the TI's sound programming to help you here.

• Thank you very much for the info!

Actually , i don't have a virus.
    I asked this to be sure i'll make the good choice for my future gear. This info will be precious to me.

Cheers!