Virus C Formant Filter

• Hello! I just got my Virus model C used. I love it! The only thing I would like to see added is a formant filter OR a filter that would allow for more "speech-like" sounds. If this is already possible, I would appreciate any breadcrumbs!
    Thanks a bunch!

• Hi micjambat,
    Congrats on your Virus C! I'm not familiar with it, only the TI2, but it would be nice if the C had the TI's vowel filter! Some work-arounds include putting the filters in parallel bandpass mode and try combining different cutoff points and resonance, but it usually takes a minimum of three filters to start hearing something really useful with that method.. Also, using a narrow pulse wave will help sound formanty. And, if the C has all the spectral waves and wavetables that the TI does, check all of those for vowel-ish sounding waves. Finally, using some sort of detuned doubling (ex: chorus, unison or both) is essential. Consonant emulations however, are probably limited to just whatever a fast amp env attack can accomplish.
    Hope that helps! :)

• Filter resonance sweeps plus rate reducer can yield „oy“ and „yea“ vowels.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+