Virus TI won't turn on after OS update attempt

• Looking for any help with the following issue as support seems to be slow and out of answers right now and my Virus will no longer power up normally.
    I was in the process of migrating my studio to a new computer and in the process of updating all my software and plugins wanted to get my Virus TI Keyboard up to date as well. I have never used the Virus as a soft synth using it only in live mode over the years in live and studio use. I was wanting to integrate it now into my soft synth set up thus the try on the update. Initially I installed the latest VCC and tried to update and here is what has happened so far....

I can not get my Virus TI keyboard to update OS. It shows up in the VCC with a status of needs updating. I hit okay and it it talks to Virus then gets stuck on "Looking for Virus TI" I have tried versions from 3.x.x to the latest 5.x.x I have also tried forcing the update by holding the EXIT key on start up...shows update mode but does not talk to the computer then. Drivers installed correctly as well. Version on the keyboard itself during power up show 2.5.1.02

It also says USB connected when I plug the USB cable in and just
    gets hung up on Looking for TI....VCC shows device name as "Old firmware"...Device
    Type "Virus"...Status "Needs update" and in the Corner:
    Virus...OS Unknown...Status Needs Update. Nothing else select-able except
    the "OK" Also...when in USB update mode it does not seem to see
    the Virus as it just keeps scanning then tells me to go through the
    "procedure" as no virus can be found. I have also tried on my
    laptop as well which is WIN 10 and PC is WIN 7 64bit...same response.

Well now I finally got it to show up on my laptop this time in the VCC
    and it actually started to do the update….it was on updating OS bank 1 of 16
    for quite awhile and then my laptop said it needed to restart and when it
    restarted it does not recognize it again and the only way my virus will come on
    now is in the update BIOS mode and now it doesn’t see it again. It will
    not even turn on normally now. It seems like it only recognizes it as an
    unknown device now in device manager like it’s driver is no longer
    loaded. Tried to uninstall and reinstall the VCC again but no change.

Also here is the event log when I try to
    force the driver when connected.

Device
    USB\VID_0451&PID_3200\6&1c16be8f&0&1 was not migrated due to
    partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id:
    USB\VID_04E8&PID_6860\a0dfc34b

Class Guid:
    {36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}

Driver Management has concluded the
    process to add Service VIRUSUSB for Device Instance ID
    USB\VID_0451&PID_3200\6&1C16BE8F&0&1 with the following status:

Serial number still shows good on TAP+CONFIG power up
    Hardware check comes up during EXIT+TAP power up
    BIOS UPDATE V 1.03 shows up with USB Update Mode during EXIT power up

NO NORMAL POWER UP!!!!

• Update...was told by Access support several days ago that if I felt comfortable with it since it was out of warranty to open it up and see if replacing the battery has an effect. No problem there as I do some electrical repair on my equipment. So replaced the battery and checked the output on the PSU. 12.24V DC so no issue there. Plugged it back in and still nothing and it seems now I can not even get the serial number screen to come on with the TAP+CONFIG. ARGGGG......this keyboard has been working fine for 10 years and I was just looking to update the software and be able to utilize the TI part of it and now it seems it's bricked.
    Anyone know if the mainboard can be swapped out if it comes to that????

• No!!! and I am pissed at Access....spent weeks going back and forth as emails take a day or two each way and then I finally send to a service center here in the US, audio electronics down in Dallas, and finally after TWO AND A HALF MONTHS they finally got an answer from Access that they want them to replace the motherboard with a new V2 one at the cost of $760!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PISSED!!!!! You would think Access would at least give the board at cost but the shop is telling me this is dealer cost. Come on Access...treat your customers with respect. I will find time to post this in as many places as possible. I had a good working keyboard for years...wanted to integrate into my studio more so went to upgrade software via their procedures and protocol and now have a keyboard that won't boot, been without for 4 months and now they want nearly $800!!!!! NOT HAPPY!!!! ...........did I mention that?

• I have the exact same issue. Happened about a month ago, I tried everything - to no avail. I got this reply:

Thank you for your mail. Please try this: unplug the power from your Virus TI and remove any other cable going from/to the TI. Wait approximately 1-2 minutes. While plugging in the power into the unit again, hold down the EXIT button. This will force the unit into USB UPDATE MODE. Next try again to load in the very latest OS with the help of the "Virus Control Center" application (do not mix this up with the TI Control PlugIn) and check if this helps.

But it didn't help...

Oh well!

• For anyone having trouble with this, I found a solution after about an hour of troubleshooting myself.

I thought my Virus TI 2 Desktop had become bricked after attempting to update to OS 5.1.7.00, after unplugging it, and plugging it in again, I could not for the life of me get any lights to turn on whatsoever. I opened the Virus up, and replaced the battery, to no avail.

I realized after stumbling on a post, that if you unplugged the unit, then press and hold the Exit button, then plug the unit back in - it will force the unit into Update Mode. This worked, and my unit gained power again to the LED. I then used the Virus Control Center to access my virus again. I realized that on the Update Mode LED it still said the virus was running on v3, this had me confused, and I quickly realized that my update must have crashed and I didn't notice.

I tried to run the update again, only to find that the update continually crashed part way through it. This is a weird fix, but when I was attempting to update, each time, I would move the Virus Control Center and the update loading window off screen to a second monitor (I don't know if moving it to another monitor was the issue or not necessarily), and then alt tab to do things on my browser while I waited the 10-15 minutes it took to update. Each time I changed windows on what my computer was focusing on, a few minutes later the update would crash.

I decided to try the update one last time, and instead of touching the window or trying to move it, or opening any other windows on my computer, I let it sit for 15 minutes and it completed the update with no problems.

I'm now running the latest version of the OS, and I've successfully paired it with my Ableton VST! I hope this can help someone else out there because I was feeling very lost and left in the dark from Access-Music's customer service which truly sucks.

Blessings Fam, Good luck!