Is there really no way to exit USB mode?

• Is there really no way to exit USB mode? So, I don't know how the rest of you use your synths, but I typically find that I spend about 90% playing and 10% recording. And it's INCREDIBLY annoying that the Virus doesn't work if a USB cable is plugged in. It sits there not reacting to anything expecting me to start my DAW just to try out some melodies. Clearly the Virus is the most capable synthesizer I have, but I find myself turning to other, lesser synthesizers since they, at least, will make a sound without tearing the USB cable out. What am I missing? Why does the mere presence of a USB cable make it assume that I want full-on TI-mode? I just want to be able to quickly play around with it without starting a DAW and creating a project, and loading the Virus VST, etc, etc...

Suffice it to say, the way my studio is physically set up, getting to the back of the Virus is not as easy as it sounds. (It's a big Virus TI2 Keyboard, and it's jammed in pretty good to make everything fit.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

• When a USB connection is detected, the Virus TI switches to Local OFF mode. You can change to Local ON in the Configuration. Or just don't power up your Hub where the Virus is connected.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• I don't have any hub between the Virus and the computer to turn off, since I could never get a stable connection while using a hub. But I'll try out the "Local Off" setting and see if that takes care of the problem. Thanks!