512 buffer size message

• Hi !
    I bought my Virus TI2 desktop yesterday ! So I'm new... But I own the Powercore Virus since long time. So I'm not that new... :D And it's the reason why I wanted to buy a bigger Virus synth.

The exact message that appears each time I load the virus plugin in Cubase is : "Virus TI has discovered a setup problem. The audio interface buffer size is too large.Please lower in to 512 samples or less". However, it seems to work correctly.

That must be a well known issue but didn't find any satifying answer yet... So if someone would havethe courage to repeat what I should do here, I would tell him "Thank you" ! 8o It's worth it !

And I'll already say : thanks for any info. ^^

• Let me ask a couple of question in oder to enable better help to you:

- What's the OS and VCC Version of your Virus TI?
    - What version of Cubase are you using?
    - What operating system and version is your computer running on?
    - How's the Virus TI connected to your computer?
    - Did you work through the separate documentation "Virus TI Setup Guide" and "Steinberg Cubase Tutorial" (available in the downloads, or installed by the VCC installer)?

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Thank you !

Well... After installing & connecting the virus, it updated itself to the last OS = 5.1.7.00. I use cubase 9.5.10 on W7 pro 64bit. The virus is connected via USB but I also wired its output to an analog->digital converter unit. No midi connection yet.

The virus is not going to be my asio interface as I don't wish that. But I get its sound when it outputs via usb through vst or via its analog outputs.

• Ok, thank you for the information. I'm mainly working on MacOS and never had that kind of message appear. Hopefully some Cubase users on Win will chime in.

However, what Audio Interface are you using and what are your settings in Cubase? Is the buffer size actually larger than 512 samples?

Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• I'm using my beloved Scope in a Xite-1. Buffer are on 24ms... So 44100*24/1000=1058... Yes ! Double than 512 !
    But when my projects become heavy, 24ms latency (the max) allow a nice flow...

Anyway. It says it's a problem but it plays without !

• Buffer are on 24ms... So 44100*24/1000=1058... Yes ! Double than 512 !

There you go! :D

Anyway. It says it's a problem but it plays without !

You might run into syncing problems down the road, probably also when rendering the Virus to audio.