Kemper Profiler/Virus hybrid.

• Just saw an interview with Christoph Kemper at NAMM 2018 and got to thinking "Wouldn't it be cool if the next iteration of Virus had the ability to profile filters, oscillators, etc from other synths somehow and let you combine them internally to either augment or completely transform the sound of the Virus?"

Does anyone else think this would be a killer development in a future Access Virus? Yes I know this is already possible with Modular systems but I would love to see some of the KPA's capabilities applied to a synth.

What do you thinki?

Indulgence gets us friends, but truth gets us hatred.

OB-6, Polivoks, Polivoks Pro, Virus TI x2, Waldorf M, MS-20, MS2000, Radias, Minilogue, Minitaur, Argon8, Erebus, Alpha Juno 2, TR-8S, Xio 49, Ultranova, Microfreak,

• Althought that sounds interesting and promising at first, I'd prefer to have a well designed synth with its own character from the start.

And if you've ever used the Kemper and tried to faithfully profile a specific sound of a specific amplifier, you know how hard it is to acheive a good profile. And even if you do it properly, it still behaves a bit different. IMO, good modelling is still better than profiling. Check out how the Kemper is outrun by newest generation of modelling amps like Bias.

If profiling is an additional capability, that's fine, but as a basic way of synthesis, no thanks.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Althought that sounds interesting and promising at first, I'd prefer to have a well designed synth with its own character from the start.

If profiling is an additional capability, that's fine, but as a basic way of synthesis, no thanks.

Agreed. I like that my TI2 can somewhat emulate a few iconic synths, but at the same time I think its odd that certain parameters are specifically included in a high class synth just to "dumb it down". And all those distortion types! DSP power could better be used for more important issues. Its a synth - not an electric guitar!

What do you thinki?

Maybe Access could release a synth with just the dedicated purpose of profiling without including its own character for those who are interested in that sort of thing? :)

• Me I only want 1 little update and even willing to pay for it !
    a larger GUI for the plugin.
    all else the virus is perfect as it is.
    if you can’t make your wanted sound on the TI then you really need to get back into the books

• Same for me, a resizeable gui, nothing more, nothing less :)

-Windows 10 Pro 64bit DAW (Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero + i9-9900)

-Steinberg Cubase 10 + Steinberg CC121 Controller
    -Steinberg MR816 CSX + Behringer ADA8200
    -iConnectivity MIO10
    -Virus TI2 P0lar
    -Waldorf Pulse (1)
    -Waldorf Blofeld

-Yamaha AN1x
    -Yamaha Reface DX
    -Clavia Nord Modular G1 Expanded

-Moog Minitaur
    -Maschine MK3

-Elektron Octatrack MKII

-Adam A7X
    https://soundcloud.com/daksha

• If profiling is an additional capability, that's fine, but as a basic way of synthesis, no thanks.

That's exactly what I meant! All the classic components plus the ability to profile components of other synths. Say for example the classic SEM filter of any Oberheim synth or Moog Ladder Filter

Indulgence gets us friends, but truth gets us hatred.

OB-6, Polivoks, Polivoks Pro, Virus TI x2, Waldorf M, MS-20, MS2000, Radias, Minilogue, Minitaur, Argon8, Erebus, Alpha Juno 2, TR-8S, Xio 49, Ultranova, Microfreak,

• Well, the TI2 already has a Moog ladder filter of course, but also other cool functions that will at least help emulate other synths: Phase Mod capability, all the spectral waves and wavetables, a huge variety of effects, etc. Maybe not intentionally there for profiling, but with some programing practice you can get in the ballpark, and sometimes extremely close, to the sound you're looking for of a certain classic synth. Some of the factory patches have done that already. Also, browse the Access forum for threads related to profiling certain synths, as I have participated in some concerning the D-50, PPG Wave, DX7, etc.
    If you're really wanting a true profiling synth now, these suggestions might be the next closest thing. Hope that helps! :)