Sustain pedal function to softknob?

• Hey, folks.

When I'm using arpeggiators, I almost always assign a softknob with an ArpHold command. However, I have a few rhythmic sounds that aren't arp based, and I'd like to be able to do something similar. Obviously, arp hold doesn't work. When I hold down my sustain pedal, it will let the sound go on as long as I have it held down, but I'd like to not have to hold the pedal (esp. when using a 1 keyboard-mapped multi, as it affects all of the sounds). Is there a command in that softknob menu that would essentially send the same thing that the sustain pedal does, that I can have on or off? If not, is there some other way I could accomplish this? Turning up the amp release doesn't do it. Suggestions? Thank you in advance.

• Yeah, turning up the amp envelope release can be a polyphony eater! In the Key Mode menu of the Oscillator Common menu there is a selection called Hold that "holds notes until they are all released and a new note is played" (from the manual). Haven't tried it before and not sure how this might work in your case or if it can be assigned to a soft knob, but you could check it out and see if it would help in some way. There may be other options I'm not aware of yet. :)
    Cheers!

• - You could use the hold pedal for the part with the „rythmic“ sound, and switch off the other parts of the multi to not react to the hold pedal.
    - You could use some other MIDI controller to send CC64 on the specific channel of that part.

How are your „rythmic“ sounds made if not with the arpeggiator?

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+