iPad Patch Editor for Virus TI (TOUCH for VIRUS)

• Hi CrystalPalace , it should be automatically available for MacOS too > On Apple Silicon only.

I couldn't test is myself, because I have a brand new Intel based MacBook, so I don't know f this is true.

To be honest, I doubt my underlying libraries are compatible.

But I am starting to a brand new "version 2" of touch for virus, which should become available as VST and AudioUnit on Mac, IOS and maybe Windows.

• Now I'm here, why not post a sneak peak at brand-new version 1.7:

Which will bring you:

- Search functionality

- Favorite or unfavorite your favorite patches

- Have some "smart collections" : recently used and most used patches

- Edit patch details (rename, change categories, author or description)

- Replace patches to another collection

- delete complete collections

- and minor improvements and bug fixes..

IMG_0005.png

• Hi Maarten ,

Looks like the future for TI will be on the iPAD.

I do have a Mac M1 - so will be keen to see if it works on that.

Are we able to setup Multiple layered patches as we could in virus control?

with Key range adjustments?

that would make it so versatile.

Thanks,

John

• Hi Maarten,

Please support the Multi-SIngle (aka Sequencer) mode aswell. It's the most versatile mode I think (also used when the Virus TI VST is in use)

BTW, the latest version (v1.6.1) crashes when in (1:) "Single Mode", and selecting the correct (2:) Midi connection. It does allow me to do that when doing "Multi Mode, Part 1".

Cheers,

J*

• Hi jmm123

My app has not officially been tested on Macs, but someone on Facebook told me it works, apart from some interface glitches.

but I repeat: it's not officially supported (yet)

I will have a look at the multi layered patches, could be possible.

jjupiter

The crash you describe I cannot reproduce. In my crash reports I've seen a strange increase of memory related crashes in the last days.

these are not so simple to research, and it is strange I have not seen them before, not this much. I have not published a new version, but Apple did release a new IOS version I think. Did this start after a IOS update, or after you updated the app?

• jjupiter

The crash you describe I cannot reproduce. In my crash reports I've seen a strange increase of memory related crashes in the last days.

these are not so simple to research, and it is strange I have not seen them before, not this much. I have not published a new version, but Apple did release a new IOS version I think. Did this start after a IOS update, or after you updated the app?

It started after the last update of the app. My crashes where today, also a minute ago (so you can find them in firebase/crashlytics).
    It also states in red "Received SYSEX dump is incomplete (1)". All this after deleting/re-installing the app. (I'm a Software Engineer too)

I have a Virus TI keyboard. Connected via MIDI DIn to a iConnect MIDI4+. iPad connected to that too.

• Hi CrystalPalace

But I am starting to a brand new "version 2" of touch for virus, which should become available as VST and AudioUnit on Mac, IOS and maybe Windows.

Hi Maarten,

That is great news!

For me the most important feature for such a plugin would be: Total Recall.

Meaning the plugin would automatically load the settings I made in that project, regardless of wether I saved it as a patch, or not.

Just like the TI and VirusHC plugin do.

• A little update about the new version:

- I'm working with people from the company behind the Widi Master Bluetooth MIDI plugs to get my app working with those plugs too.

- I've also decided to start with the multi mode support.

The new release will take a bit longer because of all this.

I want the new release to be more stable, so you're all invited to join the beta:

Join the Beta!

https://testflight.apple.com/join/BryBUfq2

The current beta contains:

- the new library,

- improvements to MIDI and

- bug fixes (the collection name "Tarekith's Elemental Soundset" won't make the app crash any longer)

- Not yet support for multi mode, this is coming in the next weeks

Just a note: install the beta without deleting your current app to maintain your patch library. after installing the beta, you will not be able to downgrade to the current available version. As a result, you can only leave the beta program when version 1.7 is released. You can always delete the app (and your library) to return to the current version.

• It took me some time, but multimode support is finished now.

I've made a videoI wanted to share with you to introduce the new feature properly:

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Hi JetStarfire!

There are two options to connect the iPad and Virus TI

1. use the Apple Camera adapter to connect a normal USB to MIDI Interface (I use for example this one from Roland )
    2. Use Bluetooth midi plugs in the virus (for example these WIDI Master plugs)

You can connect the virus USB directly to your iPad, and it will allow you to use the virus as a audio interface.

MIDI however will not work. This is a limitation of the Virus Synth. The MIDI on USB implementation is not recognized by iPads somehow, and therefore also not available in my app.

• Hi Maarten

Great apps, it's works like a charm with my mioXM midi hub

If I load any bank (ROM A/B>C>D etc...) we don't have the same index.
    May I miss something, it's looks alphabetical on Touch of Virus

It's it possible in a future to get the same index for a midi bank

It's also possible in a futur to export a bank as a midi to burn the bank on the Virus ?

Thank You

• Hi Maartin,

After purchase and setup, it looks like you can't use the USB cable to transmit audio from the virus and use your app at the same time. On my setup (Ableton live 11) the Virus Control plugin seems to interfere with the Touch app. With Virus Control in my set, my Virus TI2 only responds to the notes played on the Touch app virtual keyboard: all "control type" changes are ignored (ie., changing from single mode to multi).

Is there a way around this? Very much prefer to use your app.

Thanks,

Mike