The great pad topic

• Hello guys,

Whenever I take a deeper look at the nice dreamy pads I find In my Virus It seems that they're build up using the Wavetable.
    Sometimes mixed with other wavetables or classic osc like pulse waves to give them abit more body.

Now, this topic is created to share the pads you really like! Share your settings and secrets!
    Anyone of you pro or less pro people who have designed thousands of pad sounds themselves already, please share with us!

Personally I love ROM-D 23! Play around with Osc balance and the LFO's abit... nicee!

• One of my favourite sounds is Ti|Bell SV. I love the way the sub bass makes my body jiggle, and the eerie hollow feel it has. It's sort of given me the habit of using OSC3 as a -12 detuned sine for most pads to thicken them nicely.

Probably my favourite feature is using the Phaser with just the right amount of feedback and frequency to make the bass enter your head. I can't seem to do it every time, but when it works, it's like a masseuse is playing with your frontal lobes, lovely. Can you control the phase of each oscillator separately? That way you could do this every time.

• Get a different wavetable on each osc, maybe sine on one and another smooth one on osc2. Modulate the hell out of the WT index with whatever you like. Add some reverb and chorus. Spend plenty of time trying out bandpass filters on both filt 1 and 2, get the cutoff right and maybe add just a little resonance.

I think I'm doing something wrong though because when I have an osc set to wavetable and try modulating the Wave Select, after a few minutes the oscillator seems to default to a sine and the whole patch needs resetting to get that osc to use anything other than classic shapes... My only guess is that the internal operating system can't cope with this.