Best Audio Interface

• Any recommendations on the best ‘sounding’ interface for the virus , I mean is there such a thing as best sounding interface ? A sound card is a sound card right , or is it like graphics cards in terms of on board memory , the more cash you spend the better it looks - in this case the more cash you spend the better sounding it is ? Don’t get me wrong sounds great as it is , but for maintaning that quality through converters and keeping rock solid system stability ...

Thoughts ?? - I’d say a budget of no more than 700 , but no less than 400

Cheers

• Lots :p
    Like for like:
    Better clock, higher quality converters, better preamp, and, better drivers / support.

RME was mentioned and they really are one of the best; excellent (not super high end, maybe not even high end) converters, great pre's, amazing drivers / support (rock solid and extremely old hardware is still supported).

• Any recommendations on the best ‘sounding’ interface for the virus ,

Why do you think you need a extra sound card for the Virus? The Virus sounds awesome as it is. And with TI you are recording the digital signal of the Virus directly in your DAW.

Another question ist what you need the audio interface for: Just stereo output (for monitoring), recording electric instruments directly (line level, high Z), recording vocals (mic preamps), multiple inputs and outputs for mixing on an external console?

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Yeh I had mentioned that the virus sounds amazing as it is , it was more about rock solid drivers , types of converters , and characteristics of them ,differences from one to the next , what makes a good converter , maintaining and preserving the Virus’s sound quality in every single way - which I basically ask in my question if you read it :)

• Yeh I had mentioned that the virus sounds amazing as it is , it was more about rock solid drivers , types of converters , and characteristics of them ,differences from one to the next , what makes a good converter , maintaining and preserving the Virus’s sound quality in every single way - which I basically ask in my question if you read it :)

Yes, I read your question and it didn't answer any of my questions. Mainly, why do you need an audio interface, and what are you planning to do with it.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Cheers for the info , so high end wise , what else could one suggest ? I’m up for saving up for several months ya know :)

Fireface 802.

Virus converters are quite nice and there is a noticeable difference using an interface. Personally I got for transparency / accuracy which RME are great for. They're rock solid so I'd seriously recommend picking up a second hand unit, I see them sell from £650-900 used (£800 a lot of the time).

• I upgraded a couple of weeks ago from Saffire Pro 24 DSP (main) + M-Audio Profire 2626 (ADAT slave) to second hand RME Fireface 802 + RME Octamic II...will never look back. Super solid, more flexible mixer software and the sound is just very transparent and unreal...

I chose the 802 over other RMEs because it has 2 ADAT ins as I always like to plan ahead - i can add another octamic or even a second 802 or even UFX if needed. I was also considering the UFX and UFX+ but the extra cost was not worth it to me.