Data entry etc

• Im trying to wrap my mind around what data entry actually means , that goes for the controller assignments within the matrix also .. No doubt been said
    I mean for example in this vid , BC uses data entry set to lfo contours as shown in the later part of this vid , but what is the data entry actually assigned to and how’s it effecting the lfo contours ?

Externer Inhalt vimeo.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Cheers

• Data Entry is MIDI Controller 6.

https://www.midi.org/specifica…nge-messages-data-bytes-2

You can use MIDI Controller messages as input in the Mod Matrix and you can assign the Soft Knobs to send these Controller messages. But you can also use other devices or your DAW to send those MIDI Controller messages to your Virus.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• You can use MIDI Controller messages as input in the Mod Matrix and you can assign the Soft Knobs to send these Controller messages

Oli, I am also not familiar enough with MIDI.
    So, the Matrix source set to Data Entry will then be whatever you assign to a soft knob?
    Thanks for your help! :)

• Oli, I am also not familiar enough with MIDI.So, the Matrix source set to Data Entry will then be whatever you assign to a soft knob?
    Thanks for your help! :)

Two separate things:

In short:

• Soft Knobs can be configured to either send a MIDI controller message or directly control a parameter, or a ModMatrix slot assigment value (NOT the source)
    • ModMatrix source can be configured to either a MIDI controller message or an internal control value (think "CV").

So you get these possible routings:

Soft Knob ModMatrix Source ModMatrix Assignment
    Virus Parameter direct n/a n/a
    MIDI Cntrl --> MIDI Cntrl Value --
    ModMatrix Assignment --> -- Soft Knob Value

Best you try it out with the Virus Control plugin, it will help to understand the concept. It's fun and has a lot of potential for creative sound design.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+