For A Good Laugh

• Hey friends,
    Try a max keytrack of index 64 on the wavetable "Pile Up" at a low pitch and hit some chords. You'll see how it got its name! LOL!
    Cheers!

Update: After becoming more familiar with the wavetables, I see the way Pile Up got its name is because as you sweep through the table each successive wave adds a harmonic to the previous wave, a chromatic build-up as it were, and in all bell-ish tones btw.

• Hm. Unfortunately I didn't get it. Maybe I did something wrong with the sound. Or the chords. Or miss world knowledge.

Would you care to explain?

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Would you care to explain?

Assuming you did a full amount of positive keytrack on index 64 of "Pile Up" on one osc, no filtering, no effects, etc, plus an octave transpose shift down- to me it sounded hilariously like a bunch of automobile drivers all honking their horns stuck in a traffic jam (hence the term "pile up").when you bang on the keyboard randomly with a couple of chord triads,
    I hope you see the humor in it, but then again, maybe its just me. :)