Simple Trance Track

• Hello people!
    I just finished a simple trance track that I made mainly with the Virus (not the drums) by multiple resampling in Maschine MK3.
    Everything was composed/recorded/edited inside Maschine.
    There's also some Reface DX, Blofeld, AN1x and Pulse (bass)...but main melodies are from the Virus.
    Ok...the FX at 0:55 and repeated here and there is Virus. Background electronic riff at 3:27 is Virus, and the same are the lead at 3:56 and the one from 4:55 until the end :)
    Hope you enjoy it!

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

-Windows 10 Pro 64bit DAW (Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero + i9-9900)

-Steinberg Cubase 10 + Steinberg CC121 Controller
    -Steinberg MR816 CSX + Behringer ADA8200
    -iConnectivity MIO10
    -Virus TI2 P0lar
    -Waldorf Pulse (1)
    -Waldorf Blofeld

-Yamaha AN1x
    -Yamaha Reface DX
    -Clavia Nord Modular G1 Expanded

-Moog Minitaur
    -Maschine MK3

-Elektron Octatrack MKII

-Adam A7X
    https://soundcloud.com/daksha

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Daksha ()

• I heard it all without skipping...Absolutely love the sounds and the general mood..the intro kinda reminds me of Eternal Darkness music (yeh i'm a gamer too). Nice one bro!

My comments production wise...not that i'm an expert but...here are my 2 *humble* cents:
    1. i feel the drums are a tad dry?
    2. the melody at 3.50...absolutely love..consider a quick "turnaround" that goes below the tonic every 16 bars maybe? and maybe animate that sound a bit more?
    3. mid/low end is a bit busy and mid/high a bit blant?
    4. at the "drop" at 6:00 consider removing the kick for 4 beats, think it will increase the "boom" factor. It kinda feels like the outro is beginning there so it may help a bit.
    5. flangers/phasers are slightly excessive to my ears
    6. at 6.49 at that mini snare roll..before the main melody is introduced again....push it :D
    7. Try to "draw attention" to the main lead when re-introduced...its a bit straight/plain

Don't get me wrong, I really liked it, but being an artist too i feel that simple comments like simple "well done" wont help anyone...Hope this helps!

• hearted and reposted.

I agree with psylence on the top melody needing a turnaround on every other repeat (bar 16). I think it‘d be enough to change the movement of the last step from up to down which will set the last note a third lower.

No production notes as I‘m listening on small headphones in the train.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Thanks a lot guys for the suggestions, I appreciate them a lot! Music is learning :)
    I totally agree in all points, melodies need more movement, snares are a bit dry and yes, flanges are louder than they should be.
    I also add that transitions need some more tricks and complexity to be more modern and less "from the 90s" ;) :D

The whole track in facts is a "Live Edit", made quickly into Maschine MK3 with the aim of being live played...it is not a "studio work", you know what I mean...
    Later this year I will switch it all into Cubase where everything is less intuitive but really more comfortable for editing every single detail in melodies, sounds and transitions...and publish a real studio version of it, not just a "live edit"
    Lately I found myself sketching ideas and tracks really quickly into Maschine in this way, and then refinishing them into Cubase.
    Being Maschine usable as VST inside Cubase with a complete audio/midi integration, in one hour you have all the elements ready to get started :thumbup:
    Thanks again guys, have a nice day full of good music! :)

-iConnectivity MIO10
    -Virus TI2 P0lar
    -Waldorf Pulse (1)
    -Waldorf Blofeld

-Yamaha AN1x
    -Yamaha Reface DX

-Moog Minitaur
    -Maschine MK3

-Elektron Octatrack MKII

-Adam A7X

• That‘s a live edit?!?!! =O:thumbup:

Looking forward to hearing the final studio version!

BTW, I still like your track Back Engineering best. IMO it‘s a masterpeace.

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Yes, I created/recorded/sequenced everything into Maschine, mainly using just the controller, building the song chaining the scenes, leaving space for live tweaking/FXs/rolls and so on...nothing more.
    I think the "studio version" could be quite different...well...not so different but for sure more refined and modern.
    The second part of the track is really techno-trance from the 90s :D :D :D A bit too much :D

-iConnectivity MIO10
    -Virus TI2 P0lar
    -Waldorf Pulse (1)
    -Waldorf Blofeld

-Yamaha AN1x
    -Yamaha Reface DX

-Moog Minitaur
    -Maschine MK3

-Elektron Octatrack MKII

-Adam A7X

• Mhhh...that track, Back Ingeneering...is reaaaaaaly bad recorded :(
    It was my first track after a 5 years long pause, making no music...my ears had to go back into music-making, it was the first track with the Virus TI, and in the middle of the track I changed both soundcard and monitors :D

-iConnectivity MIO10
    -Virus TI2 P0lar
    -Waldorf Pulse (1)
    -Waldorf Blofeld

-Yamaha AN1x
    -Yamaha Reface DX

-Moog Minitaur
    -Maschine MK3

-Elektron Octatrack MKII

-Adam A7X

• Thanks Psylence, suggestions will be absolutely considered and as there will be a final edit you will know it :thumbup:
    Have a good day!!

-iConnectivity MIO10
    -Virus TI2 P0lar
    -Waldorf Pulse (1)
    -Waldorf Blofeld

-Yamaha AN1x
    -Yamaha Reface DX

-Moog Minitaur
    -Maschine MK3

-Elektron Octatrack MKII