Faster Wavetable Selection Idea

• Hi all,
    I just noticed that if you choose a numbered spectral wave in the classic oscillator section and then switch to a wavetable oscillator, the wavetable that is shown is in its actual numerical order (up to 64 since there are 64 spectral waves), even though the 100 wavetables are not numbered themselves (or in alphabetical order either, obviously). So, if you take the time to first make a numerical list of the wavetables (which I have) you can use it as a reference to find a wavetable you’re looking for a lot faster by dialing up the number first in the classic oscillator spectral wave selection and then simply switching over to a wavetable oscillator instead of wasting time having to hunt around. And, you can also make a fairly calculated guess as to about where a wavetable above #64 would be, too.
    Cheers! :)

• Thanks for sharing.

It‘s really puzzling why the wavetables are not sorted alphabetically, neither in the hardware nor in the VC plugin’s menu.

However, what works is selection by starting to type the first letters in VC. Just click once on the menu to have it pop up, and immediately start to type on the keyboard e.g. „EVI“. This will highlight the menu entry for „Evil“ and you can type enter to confirm your selection and close the menu.

Helpes me to keep what little sanity is still left with me... 8o

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• However, what works is selection by starting to type the first letters in VC. Just click once on the menu to have it pop up, and immediately start to type on the keyboard e.g. „EVI“. This will highlight the menu entry for „Evil“ and you can type enter to confirm your selection and close the menu.

Good to know for "non-standaloners" ! Thank you! I keep forgetting about VC since I am old school hardware only!

• It‘s really puzzling why the wavetables are not sorted alphabetically, neither in the hardware nor in the VC plugin’s menu.

On a similar note, "Wave 1 Wave 2 Wave 3" and so on in classic mode is not ideal either :p

I cant replicate Geschwalm's finding on the TI, it only works on the actual hardware. Funnily enough if you change the WT on hardware it won't be shown on the TI. Obviously the one actually loaded is the one shown on hardware.

Thanks both for your tips! Always interesting reads when you two discuss :)

• On a similar note, "Wave 1 Wave 2 Wave 3" and so on in classic mode is not ideal either :p

Yeah, they need descriptive names like "formant vocal", "bells", "piano", "organ", etc., and not enigmatic cutesy names either like some of the wavetables!
    And on that note, stay tuned for something interesting I am preparing to post about the Spectral Wave bank! :)

• And on that note, stay tuned for something interesting I am preparing to post about the Spectral Wave bank! :)

Awaiting incoming!

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+