[kb] using definable knobs in multi mode as a volume mixer

• Virus kb. I'm using multi mode with one sound on the left side of the keyboard and one sound on the right. Can I use the definable knobs as volume controls for each part?

I've been able to assign definable 1 (single) to PatchVolume with some success but I can't get definable 1 to control part 1 volume and definable 2 to control part 2 volume.

I thought I was successful once but then became confused when saving the multi, which gave me messages that my singles were unsaved. I've read the manual several times now and am still a bit confused about how the edit buffers work in multi single mode.

So, I probably have a few gaps in my understanding. Oh, and sometimes I'll need the same single on the left AND right parts at the same time. The manual seems to indicate I can have variations of the same single in multi mode.

Thanks in advance for any tips or pointers.

• On the TI, the Soft Knobs are always assigned within a Patch. In Multi Mode, Patches are loaded into the Parts of a Multi. All the knobs always control only the active Part, i.e. the Patch that is loaded in that Part.

However, you can assign the MIDI channel for each Part. If you put two Parts on the same channel, and use a different controller (e.g. 12, 13) to control the Patch Volume for the Patches loaded into the Parts, it could be possible that the active Part's Soft Knobs could control the other Part's Patch Volume as well.

Example:

Patch A
    Soft Knob 1 --> Controller 12
    Soft Knob 2 --> Controller 13
    Mod Matrix Slot 1 --> Controller 12 --> PatchVolume

Patch B
    Soft Knob 1 --> Controller 12
    Soft Knob 2 --> Controller 13
    Mod Matrix Slot 1 --> Controller 13 --> PatchVolume

Part 01
    Midi Channel 01
    Patch A --> Soft Knob 2 controls volume of Patch B in Part 02

Part 02
    Midi Channel 01
    Patch B --> Soft Knob 1 controls volume of Patch A in Part 01

I have no idea whether that really works with Soft Knobs, but it would work if the Controller Messages were sent from a differend hardware.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+