Virus ti2 kbd. Some of the keys don't work. Have tried fixes listed but no luck.

• As mentioned in the title I have a VTI2 kbd which has an issue with some of the keys. A range of 8 keys, G1# - D2# to be precise, do not trigger the synth section or send midi.

The pitch and mod wheels both function correctly.

I have tried:

Cleaning and re seating the cables from the kbd output board to the synth and midi boards (both ends of the connection).

Cleaning the membrane boards and contacts.

Cleaning and re seating the connections from the membrane boards to the output board (both ends).

Re installing OS 5.1.7.00 (no change) and then down to 5.1.6.05 (no change) and then back to 5.1.7.00 (no change).

After this I spoke with the access repair centre based in Germany and they suggested:

Swapping the connections from the membrane boards to see if the lower keys could play the whole range of the higher keys (low and high membrane boards changed by swapping the connectors).

It did and I found out it wasn't the kbd or the membrane boards or the connectors going into the output board as all keys could play.

So, it appears that it may be the output board that the kbd membrane boards connect to. This board combines the pitch/mod and keys and sends the signals to the synth and the midi outs.

As it is not possible for me to tell if this is the issue (maybe it is a problem further down the line) I am hoping that I can find someone based in the UK who can take a look at it. Failing that my options seem to be ordering the €100 kbd output board and hoping that is the issue or sending the whole synth to be tested and repaired in Germany.

Has anyone else encountered this issue and if so did they come to a solution?

Please share any information or experiences you may have in regard to non working keys on the access VTI2.

Thanks,

• I spoke with a service engineer locally who thinks he can fix this. He asked if there is a service manual or pcb diagrams/schematics available.

I said I doubted this kind of info would be publicly available but thought I'd ask here.

So, does anyone have a service manual or pcb diagrams/schematics for the virus ti2 keyboard?

• did you ever resolve this fully? my keybed has issues (but will trigger via MIDI as of right now) and id like to get this sorted as i kinda put all my eggs in one basket with this synth.