Very Strange No Sound Over USB with specific issues

• Thank you so much if you are able to help me. Here are the issues -

Running a Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.5 With Ableton Live 9.

- Loading Ableton if I have an instance of Virus Control open, it seems to transfer the hardware into Sequencer Mode (both LED's Multi/Single lit with no ability to change). The USB indicator disappears on the devices LCD panel. No midi function is possible in this scenario with any software synthesisers.

- If Virus Control is not open, the USB indicator will be present on the LCD, and I will be able to use basic midi with software synthesisers.

- Sometimes when I switch on the hardware it strangely says after doing the initial load, "audio clock changed".

- On some occasions when trying to do the hardware reset, taking all of the USB cabling out of my Mac, and plugging in the USB after the hardware has booted. It says something like "a device with the name of "o" may be used as your audio interface etc", to which I say no, as I use a Prism Sound Orpheus.

I absolutely am stuck here, have tried a software uninstall-re-install (unless there is a further uninstall procedure required on the mac where you physically have to drag certain files to the trash. Please let me know if this is an option and how to do it) I would seriously appreciate your help, it really is a major downer when you cant use your favourite synth.