Ability to fine tune the knob?

• Hi everyone,

My first post, glad to be here!

There's a parameter in the common OSC section called "FiltEnv > Sync", but it only goes in increments of 1.6%. I'd like to dial in something like .5% Is there a way to fine tune the knob values?

I seem to recall an old synth of mine being able to do this (Maybe the jp8080?). BTW, I'm using the hardware only, no TI software. I understand you can do 10% and 1% in the modulation matrix, but I couldn't find that particular parameter.

Thanks a bunch

• There's a parameter in the common OSC section called "FiltEnv > Sync", but it only goes in increments of 1.6%. I'd like to dial in something like .5% Is there a way to fine tune the knob values?

No. AFAIR, all knobs on the Virus TI offer a resolution of 128 steps (0 - 127, as usual with MIDI controllers), and those with a positive and negative Range offer +/- 63 steps. Therefore if you look at the full range as 100% and you have 63 steps available, you get 100 / 63 --> 1.6% as smallest increment.

There's the following information about this in the Reference Manual:

So, that would be the designed solution to get smaller value increments.

I understand you can do 10% and 1% in the modulation matrix, but I couldn't find that particular parameter.

According to the Manual it's called “FiltEnv>FM/Sync”.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• I'd love to see if someone can confirm that.

Just download the Virus TI Reference Manual PDF and look for yourself.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+