Serious lag when setting Midi to master

• Hey, folks,

An interesting problem I'm having (and I had this with my last TI2 that had a bad board - this one is new). I have my TI2 set to be the master clock, and man, does it make it lag when doing any kind of adjustment, whether it be selecting a preset or turning a knob. It's not constant, but sometimes, I'll have to wait 5 seconds or more until I see the change. Anyone else have this problem? Would I have the same problem if I set it up to be a slave to some other source?

• I'll have to wait 5 seconds or more until I see the change.

You mean on the screen? Does the change actually happen, i.e. sonically? (is that a word?)

Also out of curiosity, what made you first decide that the virus should be the master clock? Maybe try slaving your virus and see if it changes behavior. I'm letting my audio interfaces deal with clock issues and my synths as slaves, didn't really notice what you are reporting. I don't suppose it's your screen "refresh" rate right? (config-knob behaviour-display time)

• When I use my Ti2 with Ableton 10 Live, I use my Apollo Twin Duo for all audio and slave my Virus to Ableton. It's been clunky for me using multiple sounds, so I usually have to do a stereo track at a time and print it to an audio track. No lag tho.