Virus Ti and Antelope Mac compatibility crash - SOLVED

• Hey all

I've ben using a Ti for more than 10 years, worked though many issues over the years but currently totally stumped.

Recently trying to install OS 5.1.7.00 on High Sierra. This has happened on a fresh install on my Mac Pro with a currently working OS (also High Sierra) on another drive.

Basically installer crashes when looking for attached Viruses. No matter if there is one connected or not, Have a Polar 1 and a Desktop 1, same on both.

This has happened on fresh installs, old installs. 4 Different Macs, 2010 Mac Pro, 2011 15" Macbook Pro, Late 2013 15" Macbook Pro, 2012 13" Macbook Pro.

All issues on SSD drives so APFS volumes.

All ok on some installs until Virus plugin started to crash Logic X, tried to reinstall then after crash any attempt to load plugin crashes any App. Also after 2 complete fresh installs, all other plugs for my system, days and days, agh!! Original still working system (on slow HDD) has all the same plugs plus a fair bit more..

Possible related Directory issue with APFS volumes. Some unrepairable issues seem to be consistent.

So.. Rolled back one install to HFS+ so I could fully repair Directory, success there but... No change

Have deleted everything Ti related and reinstalled, No change

Cleared all Caches, inc. deep system possibly related.No change

Disabled SIP and Gatekeeper

Currently upgrading HFS+ volume with Archive and Install method... Done... testing... Crash :(

Will install a copy of Sierra so I can write some music (on a reasonably fast SSD install) for now!!

Anyone else experienced this? is there a Virus in My Virus installer??? :)

Any help much appreciated, business, relationship and children don't leave much time for music (sanity!!) so this much downtime and troubleshooting (I fix other peoples Macs and mobile tech for a living) is getting somewhat frustrating.

Yes I'm in discussion with support via email, no such there so far and thanks to Access support for replying.

Cheers

hugo

• Hi Hugo

Sorry to hear you have such trouble. I guess you already tried the usual suspects:

• Using a rather short high quality USB cable
    • Connecting the Virus directly to the Mac (without USB hub) and disconnecting all other devices except mouse & keyboard

I remember having had the same issue when trying to install 5.1.7.0 when it was released, but I don‘t remember the solution.

Maye I can find it on these forums...

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ozon () aus folgendem Grund: typos

• Found it:

Component Mismatch with Latest Software (v5.1.7.00)

But that was a different original issue. Maybe the procedure still helps you to connect to the Virus.

Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• So same thing on Sierra 10.12.6 :(

Fresh install. Virus software installs first time. Had both Virus's plugged in to make sure firmware was all ok, all ok.

Boot logic, Virus Ti crashes AU Validation.

Now try to open Virus Control get driver mismatch.

Uninstall and download new installer as above.

Installer crashes as before.

Another day down the Virus plughole..

Crash reports below consistent between all OS's on all 4 Mac's

Virus Control Plug-In Crash.pdf

Installer Crash.pdf

• Wild guess: Are you running the installer with Administrator privileges?

I think Access Support is your best bet to get that solved. IMO, it must be something on your end, because many users have installed the Virus Control software on the last couple of Apple systems.

• Looks to be a conflict between a component of my new soundcard's software and Access software.

Please report back when a solution is available in order to inform users with the same type of soundcard/driver. Also would be nice if you could change the title accordingly; currently it looks as if there was a problem with the Mac OS which is misleading.

All the best, hope you get it sorted soon!

• Hey Stefan

Apologies didn't get notified (or missed?) about new comment on thread, hope you sorted issue.

Basically its a memory allocation issue in a system file.

Antelope support were very helpful and attentive. I'd drop them a line if you haven't already. Best you go through them in case there is something different with Orion software vs Zen air your individual setup.

I think if you install anything from the software window in Antelope Launcher for Mics or afx you will change the system file.

Let me know if you have any issues with support and I'll send some more info.

:)