Bank and program change messges from Ableton

• AFAIR there‘s a configuration setting in the Virus which let‘s you select how program changes are recognized and whether they switch multies or part programs.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Zitat von Access Virus TI Reference Manual, p 125

Config Menu Parameters

This menu is opened by pressing the CONFIG button to the left of the display. It contains global parameters that determine how the entire Virus works. Configuration data does not have to be explicitly stored.

MIDI

Program Change

Disabled, Enabled: Specifies whether the MIDI message “Program Change” will switch Single programs. This applies to programs in Single mode as well as PARTs in Multi or sequencer mode.

Multi Prog. Change

Disabled, Enabled: Specifies whether the MIDI message “Program Change” will switch the entire Multi Mode program if received on the global MIDI channel.

Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Yep, all enabled.

But I think, I just started to see the light.

I tried to send single program changes from one Ableton clip through the midi global channel. That s why multi change works.

So probably I should try to chnage singles per midi basis. I am going to give a try.

• It seems that is correct. In multimode single-program and bank-changes must be sent per midi channel and track basis. Multi program changes must be sent on Global midi.

However, another issue, the bank changes work between A-D, and after every the 4th number in the Ableton pmg field rotates between A-D.

• All figured out:

Summing up:

This is a valid function when the TI VST is not in use. Virus should be used in Multimode and hooked up through midi cable.

Multi-program changes must be sent on Global midi and the corresponding field in the Ableton clip is Pgm. Note that there is a lag when it happens for at least 2-4 beats there is no sound.

Inside a multiprogram, the Single-program and Bank changes must be sent out per midi-track and midi channel. The corresponding fields in Ableton clip: Sub = Bank changes, Pgm = Single-program changes.

• Glad you got it to work!