• Hi there again , hope 2019 is treating you all well!

my question is how do you go about setting up the virus and keyboard in a manner where by the low keys assign the bass patch , mid keys assigned to say leads and the high keys say a pad ....

Without TC , I wish to jam out psychedelia , 3 different patches split across the keyboard

I should add I’m using the desktop version connected to a novation impulse controller

I should also add that there isnt that much in the way of clarification on such threads and YouTube about this

Cheers

Oh and I most definitely should add , my ignorance must not be bliss !

No worries , was easier than I thought ,

• The gist:

- connect the MIDI Out of the Impulse to the MIDI In of the Virus

- set the Impulse to send on a specific MIDI Channel (e.g. Channel 2)

- set Virus to Multi Mode

- select a new Multi Preset

- set Parts 1 - 3 in the Preset to listen to the same Channel (e.g. Channel 2)

- disable Parts 4 - 16

- change Parts 1 - 3 to your desired Presets (Bass, Lead, Pad) - now all three sounds will trigger together when playing a note on the Impulse

- change Parts 1 - 3 Note Range (Lowest Highest) to the desired notes (AFAIR. you can send a MIDI note while the value is active to change it to that note)

- change Parts 1 - 3 Volume as desired

Not sitting in front of my gear, everything from memory. The Virus Quick Start and Reference are helpful to find out about all the available settings.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Cheers for this .... integral part of this machine that I was completely ignorant to ....

So is it possible to make a multi using TC , as in using the standard 16 parts (not going to use all of them) to say set up 3 or 4 parts in TC mode then saving them to the virus as a multi setup , so you can use them for performance later without TC

Basically what I mean is can you use the software to set up multis for later use ... I mean seems easier to use the software to create the multi setups for when you without computer

Does that make sense ? Sorry grammar not my strong point

• Basically what I mean is can you use the software to set up multis for later use ... I mean seems easier to use the software to create the multi setups for when you without computer

AFAIR not directly, but that question has come up in this thread as well:

Current TI Sequencer setup saved as Multi

Have to check out how I did it about two years ago.

Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Ok, found it:

Zitat von Virus Control Tutorial, p. 13

Save as Multi

If you wish to transfer the patches of all 16 parts to the multi buffers: press STORE on the TI, select Destination = ‘Multi Edit Buffer’ with the Value 1 knob, and then press Store again. When you have disengaged the Virus Control, switch the TI to Multi mode, and Store to the desired Multi location.

Also, be aware of this limitation:

Zitat von Virus TI Quickstart, p. 19

The Virus TI has 128 slots for storing your Multi set-ups. The first 16 (0-15) of these are ‘embedded’ Multis, by which we mean that they store all the data for the patches they use, so any edits you make to the sounds are automatically preserved when you store the Multi, so you need never worry about breaking a preset. Multis numbered 16 and upwards do not store the individual patch data, but instead refer to patches stored in the Single RAM/ROM banks.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ozon ()