Sync problem with Arp

• Hi,

I find the arp on the virus TI to be so hit and miss, sometimes it's in sync with ableton, sometimes not. It's extremely frustrating.

I have the latest 5.1.7.00 update, on mac OS X 10.12.6 - ableton 10 latest version.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks

• It's extremely frustrating.

[...]

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Yes it is, and no there’s no way to solve that problem.

Bottom line is: The ARP (although only programmable via TI) is completely unusable in TI mode.

I just tried to do a simple psy trance jam last night using three patches with ARP: Kick drum with a basic 4 bar pattern (32/8), bass (4/16) with typical off beat 16th and a robotalk (32/16 ARP to filter mod) sound. Virus Control running as AU in MainStage. 140 BPM clock synced from MainStage.

The latency was so bad that it was impossible to hit the beat and timing was all over the place. The patches even shifted in time against each other!

Completely, totally useless.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Bottom line is: The ARP (although only programmable via TI) is completely unusable in TI mode.

Well, then at least Access could make the Arp more programmable in standalone than it currently is. And, btw, they could make the Section Locking feature available in standalone as well.

• apologies i missed this, i didn't get any email notifications that people had replied.

I've heard people say that they ditched usb and just used midi for the virus. But then you can't load the TI plugin it seems. Is that correct?