TI will not play nice with FL9?

• Hi there,
    I am using a TI bass sound amongst a wealth of other synth plugins in a current project in FL9, when I play the project out of FL, it sounds awesome.
    So now I export it as either *.wav ormp3 and all plugins sound awesome with the exeption of the TI plugin, which is all grainy and chopped up.
    I have tried a variety of settings in the ASIO settings and different quality or recordings, always with the same result.
    please help?

• I have a question. I'm very new to a lot of this when it comes to VSt's and what not. But I just got a Virus TI2 Desktop and I'm having trouble even getting it to show in FL9. Maybe you can help me out a bit so i can put this amazing machine to work? thank a lot :)

• Necro ... what's your problem? I'm running FL 9 and Virus Ti2 and should be able to help a bit ...

What exactly is the issue? Can you not get VC working?

What is your setup?

S.S.

DAW: FL Studio 9.1
    CPU: Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz
    Mobo: Asus PEe
    RAM: 8GB DDR2 @ 800MHz
    Monitor: Dual Sumsung 223bw
    GPU: ATI HD 3870 x2
    Audio: MoTU UltraLite mk3
    Monitoring: Genelec 8020a
    Midi Controller: Edirol PCR-500
    Hard Synths: Virus Ti2 K/B, Tetra4, Mopho K/B
    Fav VSTi's: Omnisphere, Trilian, RMX, Kontakt4
    Microphone: sE2200a

• Well Right now I'm running on a basic dell with vista. But I did what it said to do in the FL tutorial even though it was ments for seven and when i got to the channles section to see the Virus VST intergration its not there? so I'm not sure if you go about diffrent steps to use it in FL9 or not. when i got to the midi settings the virus shows up and says its there. Just not when i go to use it.

• You will only 'see' the VC pop up when you select the main 'Virus Control' plug-in. You will not see it when you click the MidiOut channels - in fact, the VC will dissapear (there is a workaround for this, "Switch off Auto-select linked modules in General Settings. The gui's remain on screen until you close them" ... this is very useful)

I'm assuming that you can hear something on the Default Virus channel but not on the MidiOuts ...

Email me on spencer at steel dot gmail dot com and I'll email you a template I made - as, to be honest, it will be easier than trying to explain your pitfalls here. I'm away from my music station and it's a bit of headache trying to describe it, but in a nutshell, you haven't set your midi/channel settings correctly on your Midi Outs or Wrapper.

Once you get your head around it, it's easy-ish :)

S.S.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von SpencerSteel ()

• (aside from arps and LFOs being impossible to tempo sync... :rolleyes: ) ...

Isn't that quite a big 'only' ?? :)

I'm getting my head around it slowly ... got it all working to the best of my knowledge - playing faster patterns in 'live' is still a challenge - end up just drawing the blinkin' notes in.

Oh ... FL 9.1 final release out today. Go get it.

S.S.

• Hi there,
    I am using a TI bass sound amongst a wealth of other synth plugins in a current project in FL9, when I play the project out of FL, it sounds awesome.
    So now I export it as either *.wav ormp3 and all plugins sound awesome with the exeption of the TI plugin, which is all grainy and chopped up.
    I have tried a variety of settings in the ASIO settings and different quality or recordings, always with the same result.
    please help?

Remember that the TI is 48Khertz and maybe you trying to export 41,8Khertz that could cause problems. You also have to export in live mode. (so playing the entire song in it's normal state and export).
    Otherwise you get what you have now. :thumbup:

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• Umm, I may have misunderstood - but you cannot 'render' the virus in FLStudio as this is an offline process (NOT realtime).

A very choppy audio track is exactly what you will get if you do try to.

You must either:

Record the output from the virus to a wav file, THEN render the project using the wav file as the source.

OR

Just chuck edison in the master channel and get it to record - its very easy to do (just remember to make sure that the max record time on edison is set to be long enough!).