Virus control loads off screen Cannot move it.

• Wow,

If its not one thing its another. I open the virus control in cubse under windows 7 and the darn thing is moved into the top left corner of my screen. I can only see about 1/4 of the bottom right of the VC interface. I cannot drag it or move it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled many times. Changed out GFX cards, change resolution, started new projects, EVERYTHING and the thing ALWAYS opens in the top left corner of my screen only exposing the bottom right corner of the interface. I really really need some help. This is killing me.

Sam

• wow that sucks dude! I had it onces that i lost my VC, not realising that i threw the VC out of my way so i could edit a track. In my excitement i put it so far out that i couldn't retreive it from the bottom and wasn't able to see it. Until i changed my resolution and i was saved. But for you reso is not working as well eh, damn...

You sure you did try 800 x 600 resolution and after that moving up to your highest possbile?

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• Hi,

this is nothing VC actually can help, since the plugin window is managed by the host. But there are 'ye 'ol windows trickery'.

What you can do:

1) Open VC so the window is (at least partly) visible and click once on it, so it gets focus.
    2) Press ALT+SPACE
    3) select "Move Window" by using the arrow keys and pressing ENTER
    4) hit the cursor keys once or twice, then move the mouse

the window will stick to your mouse cursor now

5) click with the left mouse button when the window is fully visible.

cu
    -timo

• Timo,

You are the friggin man. I wanna come over there and give ya a sack of gold, some times I forget that the low tech solutions are the best. I really overlooked that. Anger can make you a bit blind at times. Thank you for taking the time.

Sam