I have seen a couple of threads dealing with the Arp Note Send function in the Ti2.
But I could not find them addressing my issue.
With Arp Note Send enabled, the Virus does send its arp notes to the DAW — but only on channels 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, and 15. The same patch on even channels 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, and the Virus will not send the arp notes. Is this as intended or did I overlook anything?
My setup is Logic Pro X -> Virus Ti2 Desktop (firmware 5.1.7.00) via Virus Control.
External MIDI keyboard is connected with USB to the computer.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create 16 multi-timbral tracks with the Virus Ti plugin.
2. Open the plugin window and load the same patch ("Cream", or any other with arp enabled) on all 16 channels.
3. Configure the Virus Desktop: Config -> MIDI 2/2 -> Arp Note Send = On
4. Select each of the 16 tracks, one at a time, and press and hold a note on the MIDI keyboard.
5. Observe: With channels 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, the Virus plays the arpeggio and transmits the notes. Logic shows incoming arp notes in the transport bar.
6. With channels 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, the Virus plays the arpeggio but does not transmit the notes.
Note: I don't think this is a feedback problem. I suspect Logic does not re-send received notes to the same plugin because I did not hear any problems when it worked.
Any info would be appreciated.
The workaround is to use arp presets only on odd midi channels. I'd still like to hear some feedback because this is a curious find.