Multi Select problem

• I'm starting to use my Virus TI2 with a Korg Kronos workstation as the master. I'm well-used to working with MIDI, but I can't figure out what is going on in this particular case.

The problem I have is in getting the Virus to stay on the multi that I have selected. Let's say that I have decided to use '4 Init Multi' for my song. What happens is that, every time I stop the song, the Virus returns to '0 Init Multi' - the first multi - and I have to change it to '4' again.

After a lot of experimentation, I've found a peculiar workaround which kind of works, but which makes no sense. Let's say that I'm still wanting to use '4 Init Multi', and that the Global Channel on the Virus is set to 1. So, on MIDI channel 1 on the Kronos, I have to select a program (patch in Virus-speak) - any program - that ends in 004 (eg Bank A-004, Bank F-004 etc). That way, the multi won't change. I don't know why it works, though.

Doing it doesn't affect the patch I decide to use on the Virus - I simply select the patch on the Virus itself. But if I then want to transmit a program change from the Kronos on that channel during the song, the Virus loses it because the program no longer ends in 004. (I can make program changes using all other channels that I am controlling on the Virus from the Kronos, just not on Channel 1).

The program change issue isn't the important thing here, because I'm using multiple channels and don't always need to make program changes. But I can't understand why it is that I can only get a multi to stick by using this weird method, and I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me where I'm going wrong, and how I could do things better.

• There are a setting where you change the Virus behavior for Program Change messages:

Zitat von Virus TI Reference, Page 119

Multi Mode Parameters

[...]

Prog Change

Disabled, Enabled: Specifies whether the Part will respond to MIDI Program Change messages. The global

“Program Change” parameter in the CONFIG menu is ignored.

Properly setting these will enable you to change the Preset for any Parts without switching the Multi.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+