Virus B + Octatrack troubleshoot

• I would like to use the Octatrack to send program changes down to the Virus B. I use Midi note setup from the Octatrack. I want to be able to control from the Octatrack what sound should load with sending bank and program to 8 different midi channels on the Virus B. Practically it should be able to load 8 different sounds in every project. I am in multisingle mode in the Virus B, and in the CTRL I gave each part its own channel (from 1-8).

The issue is that the Virus B won’t change sound on midi channel 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. Those channels are assigned to multisingle part 4. 5. 6. 7. 8 in the Virus. It will only work with midi channel 1. 2. 3.

I’ve set the Global midi channels on 11 on both the Octatrack and Virus B. And in the Midi CTRL menu in the Octatrack i enabled Audio CC in, Audio note out is on int+ext. In the midi sync option menu I set program change to send on check.

hope that one can help.

• On the Virus TI you can define for each Multi Part whether it reacts to Program Changes or not. Maybe it's the same on the Virus B?

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+