MacBook Pro crashes when opening the Total Integration Software Plugin on macOS High Sierra

• I recently updated from Yosemite to High Sierra and now when I try to run the Total Integration Software Plugin (5.1.7.00), my MacBook Pro (Mid 2010) crashes and restarts about 90% of the time. I have tried re-installing the OS with no luck. Everything worked fine up until the update. I have my Virus TI Polar plugged straight into a dedicated USB port, no hub. I read about allowing the installer in the System Preferences, Security & Privacy, but never got the pop up to do so. I have also tried un-installing and re-installing the software. I have tried to unplug all cables on the virus, wait, then plug back in. This works for the first loading of the software, but if I close a project in Logic Pro X or Ableton Live and open another that has the plugin, I usually get a crash and it goes downhill from there. I have read that the Total Integration Plugin should work in this OS. Any suggestions?

• If you can, update to Mojave. I was rather scared to do so, but it turned out to be one of the most stable MacOS for a long time.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• If you can, update to Mojave. I was rather scared to do so, but it turned out to be one of the most stable MacOS for a long time.

Unfortunately, my older MacBook Pro isn't compatible with Mojave and I am not sure why the TI software isn't happy with my machine. I haven't really found any other post with similar issues either.

• I have tried re-installing the OS with no luck. Everything worked fine up until the update.

Unfortunately, my older MacBook Pro isn't compatible with Mojave and I am not sure why the TI software isn't happy with my machine.

Then you probably should consider re-installing Yosemite or Sierra (10.12.). AFAIR, I left out High Sierra because of the many reported issues.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Then you probably should consider re-installing Yosemite or Sierra (10.12.). AFAIR, I left out High Sierra because of the many reported issues.

True. I am scratching my head as to why this TI plugin doesn't play nice with my system, but works for others. I have seen some previous posts about doing a fresh install, but not sure why you would have to go to that extreme to make devices play nice with each other. I have an older version of Pro Tools 9 and a few other older versions of software on this laptop and you can't re-install on Yosemite or Sierra, as far as I know. Doing a fresh install isn't out of the question, if that would fix this issue, but thats extreme, at least for me. I would loose some software, but would gain a working TI plugin, possibly. I have also thought about installing the previous TI version to see if that works.