Virus TI not compatible with MacOS Catalina / Big Sur

• well unfortunately I may need to sell my Ti2. All my other software synths and plugins and DAWS require me to upgrade. I did upgrade finally just 2 months ago not thinking my Virus would be excluded. Not looking back. I will give them some time to see if they hire a person to get back on track, if not, then bye bye Virus. :(

• No, it's not. The Kemper site was advertising the same listing and has been taken down there and replaced by a different listing. They just didn't update the Access site.

Indulgence gets us friends, but truth gets us hatred.

OB-6, Polivoks, Polivoks Pro, Virus TI x2, Waldorf M, MS-20, MS2000, Radias, Minilogue, Minitaur, Argon8, Erebus, Alpha Juno 2, TR-8S, Xio 49, Ultranova, Microfreak,

• Well at least you can use it as a MIDI synth with VirusHC. Works totally fine and still worth it imo.

It’s not what we purchased. Depending on how you work, it means you now need to assign many inputs on your audio interface to the virus. It negates the TI concept entirely basically.

I accept Apple has moved the goal posts. It’s the fact they are still selling the TI2 and burying their heads in the sand that is unacceptable.

• It’s not what we purchased. Depending on how you work, it means you now need to assign many inputs on your audio interface to the virus. It negates the TI concept entirely basically.

I accept Apple has moved the goal posts. It’s the fact they are still selling the TI2 and burying their heads in the sand that is unacceptable.

I know.. but what can we do about it? We bought this synth to make music.. If you wanna continue doing that, adapt..

• I know.. but what can we do about it? We bought this synth to make music.. If you wanna continue doing that, adapt..

Yes of course switching to MIDI / a 3rd party editor and the analogue outputs is an option. We get it - and it’s a compromise and painful pill to swallow. We’re discussing / venting on this forum because ideally we shouldn’t have to compromise / but more than anything Access have been totally useless in addressing this situation and at the very least providing a clear statement on their plans.

• As small business owner, I'm actually shocked by Kemper's lack of concern for the many, many, Virus owners throughout the world. Generally, abandoning loyal customers and ignoring their expressed concerns is NOT a good business strategy. I keep fantasizing that they are actually secretly working on updating the Virus Control Centre software for the now, not so new, Mac OS and the Apple silicon computers. But, realistically, I have to accept that it's just wishful thinking. I just really can't understand the indifference that's being shown to us.

I relied entirely on the Control Centre software for all the projects I did with Logic Pro X. Didn't routinely name the patches for the Virus tracks in Logic because they were recalled correctly when I loaded the project into Logic. Recently, I've had to go back to audition and potentially re-work some of those quite old tracks and, of course, I can't load Control Centre. I know the tracks were Virus, I have the midi data for the sequence, but I have no idea what the sounds were that I used.

Got the Mystery Islands Virus TI editor plugin working (easier than it first seemed, but I had to dig out and study both the Virus manual and the online Mystery Islands manual) and am outputting Virus analog outputs to my Apollo. Works quite well, although I'm not able to have Logic save the various settings in the Mystery Islands plugin so need to re-do basic settings including midi in, midi out, type of Virus, loading banks, and loading programs to a Part every time I open a project that uses the plugin. That's all supposed to be saveable in Logic Pro X as channel strip setting, but doesn't work for me, at least now yet. BUT, at least I have the Virus functional in my setup.

Frankly, I'd gladly pay to get an updated version of Control Centre. And, if Kemper isn't interested in doing it, then perhaps they should sell the damn application to a developer (for 1$, which is more than it's worth right now) who might be willing to put in the effort. That's the least they could do to demonstrate a little respect, and consideration, for Virus owners.

• You're absolutely right. I understand that updating the plugin can be a complex task for them, but the lack of transparency is a very bad move from their part.

I was recently thinking of buy a Kemper amp but decided not to get one because of their bad attitude towards their customers. Who knows how long these products will be supported?

Hopefully another developper will eventually be able to build something that works.

• Unbelievable, Kemper just announced a new beta 4 days ago which is iOS compatible and compatible with the latest Mac OS versions..................

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Indulgence gets us friends, but truth gets us hatred.

OB-6, Polivoks, Polivoks Pro, Virus TI x2, Waldorf M, MS-20, MS2000, Radias, Minilogue, Minitaur, Argon8, Erebus, Alpha Juno 2, TR-8S, Xio 49, Ultranova, Microfreak,

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von djantimatter ()

• Unbelievable, Kemper just announced a new beta 4 days ago which is iOS compatible and compatible with the latest Mac OS versions..................

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Which indicates the development resources are available…

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Right.

I've found a work-around which works for me, but it's really not ideal!

What I'm now doing, is using an old MacBook running an older MacOS, to host the plug-in with Ableton.

Then, on my main system, I send MIDI to the Virus' MIDI input DIN. Ableton is mapped with multiple channels, one for each MIDI channel I'm using, so that I can drive multiple channels from my main DAW.

Outputs are then send to the analogue outputs.

"Live" mode used, to cut latency.

Then, when I've finished editing, I move my patches to the RAM slots. Performance and recording then done using groups which I set up manually.

It's a real pain in the backside, but the only practical way around I've found so far - until and unless the Mystery Islands plug-in becomes usable.

• Im afraid so too. This looks like some sort of off loading from the firmware into an emulator. But I assume the hardware is a bit more then that.

This feels more like replicating the powercore version.

On the other hand, it’s a lot more hopefull compared to what Access is promising ?

• Virus TI2, Prologue 16, Summit, Triton, Modwave, Pro-3, MidiGAL, SQ-1, Midi Trigger Audiowerkstatt, Komplete Kontrol 49, UAD Apollo x6/PCI-E/TwinX, Yanaha HS7 and HS8S, AKG C3000, MacMini 2018 i7 1GB/64Ram, MacBookAir 2017, iPad Pro 2017, Nektar Impact 25, LogicPro, a lot of plugins…

• Glad you found this way too as my post in this discussion ;)

Actually a better solution for me turned out: Use Audiogridder with its Network Solution. So you have the PluginScreen on your main Mac. There are some minor Screen Issues, but from my view far way better Workflow than my prior SetUp

Virus TI2, Prologue 16, Summit, Triton, Modwave, Pro-3, MidiGAL, SQ-1, Midi Trigger Audiowerkstatt, Komplete Kontrol 49, UAD Apollo x6/PCI-E/TwinX, Yanaha HS7 and HS8S, AKG C3000, MacMini 2018 i7 1GB/64Ram, MacBookAir 2017, iPad Pro 2017, Nektar Impact 25, LogicPro, a lot of plugins…

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von SeleN ()

• Which indicates the development resources are available…

At what time in this video they're making a statement about beta version ? It's a painful stream...

Virus TI2, Prologue 16, Summit, Triton, Modwave, Pro-3, MidiGAL, SQ-1, Midi Trigger Audiowerkstatt, Komplete Kontrol 49, UAD Apollo x6/PCI-E/TwinX, Yanaha HS7 and HS8S, AKG C3000, MacMini 2018 i7 1GB/64Ram, MacBookAir 2017, iPad Pro 2017, Nektar Impact 25, LogicPro, a lot of plugins…

• Glad you found this way too as my post in this discussion ;)

Actually a better solution for me turned out: Use Audiograbber with its Network Solution. So you have the PluginScreen on your main Mac. There are some minor Screen Issues, but from my view far way better Workflow than my prior SetUp

And midi sync and arpegiator works well? i'm curious because this would be the perfect solution right now.

• And midi sync and arpegiator works well? i'm curious because this would be the perfect solution right now.

In my setup it does very well, much better than in a „external daw host“ scenario. the network between my two macs is established via thunderbolt so latency is not really an issue (you can set the buffer size in audiogridder) because of speed it delivers and the plugin delay compensation on the audiogridder side (in my master mac) there are three things i strongly recommend: deactivate wlan on the host mac (so that the host ethernet connection to your master mac is set as the primary), connect the virus directly to the host mac usb port and use the analog/spdif outs of the virus (which are routing in directly to the master mac via apollo in my case)

i managed even to use older plugins like vanguard, cronox or fx plugs via 32live with the audiogridder .

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von SeleN ()