Virus TI not compatible with MacOS Catalina / Big Sur

• I'm currently working on a new update for "Touch for Virus" which runs on iPadOS. This version will add an import feature for patch libraries in midi format. This has been the most requested feature since I've released the first version.

This means you can eassely import all the patches you have available in the vst plugin.

You might or might not want to use an iPad in your setup, I don't know. Just in case it sounds interesting to you: this update is finished, and I'm testing it right now. I expect it to be released somewhere this month.

You should be able to compile it for MacOS too with Catalyst. One thing I miss these days with a lot of vintage synths is a patch librarian like sounddiver back in the day.

I see you are from the Netherlands too!

your argument is not valid , you in The wrong thread maybe read the subject . Let them mention then to suppliers and all selling platform that this synth doesn’t work with Mac OS Current day systems , it’s outdated , it just work for windows. Still illegal selling it the way it is now with no disclaimer. You have Windows good for you but you might want to consider other people with your arguments.

Yes, false advertisement is enough reason to sue. This falls under EU customer protection law. We could start a class action lawsuit against Access Virus GmbH or/and Kemper GmbH. I am thinking of contact a lawyer and see what the option are, main reasons are: no communication and still false advertisement.

• This falls under EU customer protection law. We could start a class action lawsuit against Access Virus GmbH or/and Kemper GmbH. I am thinking of contact a lawyer and see what the option are, main reasons are: no communication and still false advertisement.

Been thinking about this as well. Not sure if it's worth it though. We'll at least need a pool of people to finance the lawyer costs etc..

• Been thinking about this as well. Not sure if it's worth it though. We'll at least need a pool of people to finance the lawyer costs etc..

What's your intent? What do you want to acheive with that action? Put Access out of business? The only thing they are required to do is to change the text on their website. Would that make you guys happy?

Me not. I want proper TI integration on future Mac OS versions.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• What's your intent? What do you want to acheive with that action? Put Access out of business? The only thing they are required to do is to change the text on their website. Would that make you guys happy?

Me not. I want proper TI integration on future Mac OS versions.

Clearly access can't or be bothered to deliver a working driver themselves so maybe a judge can force them to make the code open-source.

Also, simply removing text on the website does not erase that fact that they are still obliged by EU law to offer warranty and keep their marketing promises. If they can't keep those promises of having a working products on both Mac and Windows they should somehow compensate Mac users. Especially the ones still within 3 year warranty! (I am not one of those btw, but I still think that would be fair.)

• A follow up to my post above. I bought Navira!

It's brilliant, no really, it's exceptionally good, maybe a little bright at times but nothing that the built in eq didn't sort out. And yes, it really can emulate the Virus hyper saw and filters, yeah I know what you're thinking, but it's true! I know for a fact because I've just spent £124 so you lot didn't have to :)

If Access don't provide the Mac community with updated drivers by around Christmas then my days with my old faithful Virus Ti2 DarkStar are over. I'll just sell it.

• Oow wow hahaha I haven't checked it yet myself. It does not come in a demo version. But great to read this is more like the real deal! I have recently sold my Snow and bought a TI1 desktop. But perhaps I could have better spend my money on Navira ;) :D

btw: I came across this plugin on the Code Black facebook group (a group for Hardstyle producers, using the Hypersaw as a main ingredient for their productions).

• A follow up to my post above. I bought Navira!

It's brilliant, no really, it's exceptionally good, maybe a little bright at times but nothing that the built in eq didn't sort out. And yes, it really can emulate the Virus hyper saw and filters, yeah I know what you're thinking, but it's true! I know for a fact because I've just spent £124 so you lot didn't have to :)

If Access don't provide the Mac community with updated drivers by around Christmas then my days with my old faithful Virus Ti2 DarkStar are over. I'll just sell it.

Fair enough. I would still keep my Virus TI2 no matter what because a lot of my projects contain the Virus TI. You never know when you might need those for remixes etc. I Invested in a Presonus Quantum2626 interface so I can at least still open those Virus parts. (minus the timing problem.) Besides, I don't think selling my TI2 will yield much anyway.. Might as well keep it.

• How are the filter envelopes and filter distortions though? I'm a hardstyle producer too and I use the hard / medium dist in the filtersection a lot. Gives a lot of character fast and great for making those ''The Pitcher''-esque sounds. It's great for Drum&Bass Reeses too. Does Navira sound as good?

• Not long now 'til the Anniversary of Marc's Oct 8th 2019 announcement on Catalina incompatibility!

Party time?

We're still waiting, poor show Access.

Indulgence gets us friends, but truth gets us hatred.

OB-6, Polivoks, Polivoks Pro, Virus TI x2, Waldorf M, MS-20, MS2000, Radias, Minilogue, Minitaur, Argon8, Erebus, Alpha Juno 2, TR-8S, Xio 49, Ultranova, Microfreak,

• Congratulations to me, just buy the new Access Virus ti 2 polar and I don’t believe, that’s can’t be true..... 1 year no support Catalina...... how to use it now? For what I spend my money?

Yes, poor show from Access. I've a Virus TI 2 (2013) and I'm facing the same problem. It's the second time my Virus is not working via USB (for more then a year!) because of Mac OS update.

Please Access team, hurry up! I love the sound from TI2, but support is very bad. I'm disappointed. Spending so much money for TOTAL INTEGRATION! but it's not. :(

• I got a new iMac and it came with Catalina built-in. So my dream is over and I don’t want to downgrade to Mojave.

Anyone knows the SPDIF or the analog outs has less latency? Any tips for workaround? I expect at least I can use with my audio interface with Catalina.

• yeah the responses ive had from access support are very non-committal regarding fixing this issue ("were working on it") type of stuff. Theyre still selling them for $3700 new in Australia.

Ive owned mine for years but recently had to upgrade to a new macbook with only option catalina.

Only option as far as Im aware is to use it as a regular/old school midi controlled synth. Im still using the ti plug in to access my patches etc & running audio out from the synth into my sound card to record it in ableton.

some minor latency issues but still usable . just no audio via usb.

Just for fun i did load ableton onto my daughters school laptop running windows 10 & hooked up the virus to test it - no issues at all.

caaaarn access , get your shit together!